• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Dont think ive seen it posted

Worth the short watch. Impressive

Just awesome. Had to turn the bloody music of just to hold it together watching that lol. It's not what is achieved that gets me, it's that he's trying. I have so much respect for people that just keep trying rather then those that give up to easily.

Soldato
Just awesome. Had to turn the bloody music of just to hold it together watching that lol. It's not what is achieved that gets me, it's that he's trying. I have so much respect for people that just keep trying rather then those that give up to easily.

Totally, and kudos to his instructor guy. The world needs more enablers: people who will believe in other people and help carry them to their goals, no matter what.

Caporegime
Wow! What a guy!

Went go-karting the other day, seem to have done something to my back. Even had to come off the kart I was in that much pain! Tried to deadlift later that night - agony :(

Soldato
Going to get some tips from him eh Delvis?! ;) :p

Even so easier said than done, not only are my doctor's saying I should never lift again so are the people and instructors in the gym.

Even my family. It's awfully heard to get going again and especially when your support base don't even support you.

The whole mental block from it all is enough to just make people stop and that happened to me for a quite a period as well. Especially after my relapse.

Last edited:
Associate
It's broked :(

Although your statement is true never the less :).

Has anybody seen this guy before:

I reckon he has to get a medal at the olympics, he's a monster!

Caporegime
Even so easier said than done, not only are my doctor's saying I should never lift again so are the people and instructors in the gym.

Even my family. It's awfully heard to get going again and especially when your support base don't even support you.

The whole mental block from it all is enough to just make people stop and that happened to me for a quite a period as well. Especially after my relapse.

Aye, never good when your own family / friends don't want to back you...

Again, if a doctor / physio / instructor says you shouldn't be doing anything, who are you to say otherwise kind of thing? :p But as that video shows, he was told he'll have to walk with crutches for the rest of his life, now he's running :)

It's sad really...The amount of lazy people there are in this world, who CAN do all of those things that he's done in that vid, but just choose not to.

Each to their own obviously, and people have different priorities in life etc etc :)

Caporegime
Deadlifts:
Worked up to 180x5 from the floor

Rack pulls (from just below the knee):
200x5
220x5
240x5
260x4x4
Had more in the tank, but time was getting on already.

BORs:
100x5x5

Seated ISP cable row (cables crossed over)

Lat pull down machine (feels horrible tbh but no chance of doing any chins at this point)

Post workout meal, ready for when I got home....
5 egg, bacon and mushroom omelette followed by 1/4 of a lime cheesecake (should serve 6, had another 1/4 earlier in the day!) with ice cream mmmmmm :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom