*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Sorry if this sounds like a medical question, but does anyone else get weightlifters headache?

I go to the gym at 6:30AM, finish by 8.
Later on I will get a headache (time varies, sometimes it will come on at 10, sometimes not until 1PM).
I'm doing SL5x5, so I'm guessing it's the weightlifting that's doing it.

I drink loads of water so it's not that.
I now take paracetamol and ibuprofen after a workout but it only takes the edge off, and obviously isn't too healthy. Any ideas?

Soldato
FF, you got any articles on Omega 3 dosages?

http://www.leangains.com/2011/05/omega-3-fatty-acids-for-muscle-growth.html

Leangains said:
Final Thoughts and Recommendations

Even though the conclusions that can be drawn based on this study are somewhat limited due to the infusion protocol, I find the results promising enough to make changes to my own diet. Consequently, I will personally increase my daily n-3 intake to achieve a similar EPA/DHA saturation of the plasma membranes. I will also make this a mandatory part of the diet templates for my clients.

This means that I recommend an intake of 2 g EPA and 1.5 g DHA per day, and it means that you should pay closer attention to the EPA/DHA amounts you get from your fish oil supplement.

Soldato
****** up my wrist last night. Landed on it hard and is now uber swollen and can hardly move it :( I should rest it, but will try and go to gym tomorrow and see how bad it is... though considering I can hardly hold a cup of tea or rotate or move it, I think the chances are pretty slim of being able to do anything useful!

Managed to injure mine a few months back. Wasn't quite that bad, but was pretty unpleasant. Took a week or two for it to begin getting back to normal.

Leg DOMS while sitting at a desk sucks worse than a black hole.

Caporegime
Managed to injure mine a few months back. Wasn't quite that bad, but was pretty unpleasant. Took a week or two for it to begin getting back to normal.

Leg DOMS while sitting at a desk sucks worse than a black hole.

Tell me about it, just don't stand up quickly :eek:

Going to do some toilet squats I think.

That's SQUATS people! Not Squits :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Last edited:
Caporegime
Last edited:
Caporegime
Those have the exact same ratios as simply supplements which is £9.49 for 120. However BSD looks really good value for 250 at £13.99.

Aye they're pretty cheap.

Can you link which Simply supplements one please? I missed the mega strong ones on my last order :o

(Sorry for not keeping this in the supplements thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom