*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
^ Yep, easy!

Shifty, what type of nuts have you been eating or has it been a mixture? Perhaps you've developed an intolerance to just a specific type. Also do you have a rough idea how many calories and grams of fat/carb/protein you're having on an average day?

It's likely that a lot of the loss will be water, as this is usually the case when a moderate amount of weight is lost quickly. How much did you weight before?

When I'm after calories sausages and peanut butter are my two staples, obviously the latter will be out of the question for you!

I can happily polish off 8 sausages which is

1050kcal
50g protein
40g carb
75g fat

That's not a bad meal in itself and depending on your calorie needs for the day could fill a third of them!

If I could handle large amounts of milk I'd be having a couple of pints a day at least to bump up those calories, this isn't an option for me though.

Associate
Stopped gomad as i discovered subway cookies and the joy of. havent been to the gym for two weeks though so balls to the wall it is tomorrow.

Soldato
I've now learnt why you guys have more than 3 meals a day....

100g Rice/100ml Pasatta/100g Mackerel and throw in a pint sized banana milkshake with that, and I am so stuffed it's ridiculous.....

Oh, also getting some leg DOMS this morning. Not too bad, but it's a nice feeling to know I worked hard

kd

Caporegime
Deadlifted 150kg for 3 reps today! Yeah buddy! Smashed my PB

Only because I accidentally put 2 15kg plates on instead of 10kg plates, joys of being at a new gym

Bahaha, awesome way to trick yourself anyway!

Well done matey! I've not tried any personal bests for at least a month now, shant be doing those for a while anyway :)

Man of Honour
Cheers guys

I'd done 150 as a one rep max challenge ages ago, but it was an epic struggle and wouldn't have gotten anything decent out of it.

That's when I stopped and worked on my form, went right back down to 80kg and worked my way back up, so I'm really chuffed to be back up to 150, and this time doing it properly and for reps :)

Man of Honour
Deadlifted 150kg for 3 reps today! Yeah buddy! Smashed my PB

Only because I accidentally put 2 15kg plates on instead of 10kg plates, joys of being at a new gym

That is a huge improvement on your PB.

What was your form like?

Considering how much you weigh, that's over 1.5x BW, so pretty bloody epic. :)

Got more in the tank?

Man of Honour
Cheers matey :)

Well I did 3 reps, and could have done more I reckon. Even though I only managed 3, it felt fairly comfortable for the first couple

I did:

110kg x12
130kg x8
150kg x3
110kg x10

Going to go for 160kg next week and start at 130kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom