*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Deadlifts tonight upping it 5kg again to 115kg 5x5, blisterd my palm on my left hand doing 110 on monday so going to use gloves tonight so sad that I don't get to try out my new liquid chalk :)

Man of Honour
^
GLOVES FOR DEADLIFTS?!? :'(

Thanks :) I'm really happy with how everything is going at the moment other than my squat.

Did you hurt your shoulders icecold? Or just doms?
Recovering from proximal bicep tendonitis. Nothing serious, just don't want to load my shoulders too much for a few weeks.

Soldato
Can you say that in English? xD

I'm starting to think I might need gloves for pull ups - the padding is awful, and I'm blistering my hands slightly.

Glutes are definitely feeling it today though... (from yesterdays leg workout, not from pull ups xD)

kd

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm starting to think I might need gloves for pull ups - the padding is awful, and I'm blistering my hands slightly.

Glutes are definitely feeling it today though... (from yesterdays leg workout, not from pull ups xD)

kd

Chalk on and man up :p you'll develop tough hands which will naturally protect you and give better grip than gloves.

too many bicep curls....

Associate
Like a blister with nothing in it my skin peeled back and it was quite deep :( Didn't notice untill I was finished because of the pain everywhere els :D Ran it under water for a bit then continued to do the rest of my workout, it was quite painfull tho :(

EDIT: woo MP stuff came so I'll be giving some of them thermo tab things a try tonight, got so much stuff I don't know what I should and shouldn't take =P

Man of Honour
Like a blister with nothing in it my skin peeled back and it was quite deep :( Didn't notice untill I was finished because of the pain everywhere els :D Ran it under water for a bit then continued to do the rest of my workout, it was quite painfull tho :(

EDIT: woo MP stuff came so I'll be giving some of them thermo tab things a try tonight, got so much stuff I don't know what I should and shouldn't take =P

That sounds like a callous rather than a blister, your hands will harden up after a bit and it won't be a problem. The liquid chalk will help dry them out as well.

Soldato
OP
Always used to wonder how folk could spend an hour and a half in the gym but I just found out how :p

Nearly back to the point where I stopped on stronglifts for christmas including I think a PB on BOR's! :D

Associate
too many bicep curls....

Lol, I think I have actually done this in the past. When I first started I used to do bicep curls every week and when straining I would push my shoulder forward in the joint rather than keep it pinned. Took me ages to work out why I kept hurting my shoulders.

Nice deadlifting Steedie. That's quite a different way of lifting compared to the norm isn't it? Will you continue to do heavier stuff as you prepare for your competition?

Man of Honour
too many bicep curls....
:p

Tendonitis in my bicep tendon that inserts into my shoulder, as a results of not engaging muscles correctly when benching.
Yep :( Just tonight till my hand heals up and I'll start using chalk next week...
You cease to be a man if you use gloves in the gym. Deal with your callouses, they will sort themselves out provided you're gripping the bar properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom