*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
3.5k bulk diet zomg, makes my 2.5k bulk diet look silly haha!

I have found though that now i am hovering around the 70kg i seem to be very calorie sensitive and if i eat just a little over what i think my maintenance should be then i gain weight!

Man of Honour
Hmmm... I'm eating more than you, and I worked it out as 2700 calories. :o

Shows why Steedie is l'homme in this sort of thing. :D

Not sure I could manage that much Uncle Ben's rice: that stuff should come with a taste warning for being just foul.

Soldato
3.5k bulk diet zomg, makes my 2.5k bulk diet look silly haha!

I have found though that now i am hovering around the 70kg i seem to be very calorie sensitive and if i eat just a little over what i think my maintenance should be then i gain weight!

I think this is kind of like the opposite of the 'start cutting and drop 3kg instantly' effect. IE water & a bit 'extra' your body holds on to. As soon as you give it chance by upping your cals it seems to go 'holy **** we've got some extra KEEP ALL OF IT!'

I get the exact same thing, when I started 'bulking' I jumped from 74kg-77kg in about 3 days, then the gains stayed more linear after that.

Caporegime
I find nout wrong with Uncle Bens wholegrain rice.

I switched over to cheap Tesco/ASDA brown rice purely for cost reasons, takes a bit longer to cook mind.

I'm also hungry as hell...Just had lunch as well :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I think this is kind of like the opposite of the 'start cutting and drop 3kg instantly' effect. IE water & a bit 'extra' your body holds on to. As soon as you give it chance by upping your cals it seems to go 'holy **** we've got some extra KEEP ALL OF IT!'

I get the exact same thing, when I started 'bulking' I jumped from 74kg-77kg in about 3 days, then the gains stayed more linear after that.

I am assuming this is the case and as such I am dialling up my bulk so I have gona from 1900 to 2100 this week. Then next week I will go up to 2300 etc. once I remain at the same weight I will base my cals increase on visual difference of how I am looking, and if my weights are progressing

Man of Honour
Plain brown rice is pretty nice.

I switched over to cheap Tesco/ASDA brown rice purely for cost reasons, takes a bit longer to cook mind.

The way Brits seem to cook it makes it as inoffensive - and bland - as possible. It's just awful.

Steamed brown basmati is the only way to fly. :D

Soldato

Cheap is an understatement uncooked brown rice for a week costs 7 times less then 7 days worth of uncle bens!

Soldato
Most uncle bend express rices are 1.5 at the cheapest and you need 7 for the week. Compared to 1 1kg bag of brown rice at 1.68 I would say that's pretty close to 7 times the expense ;)

Soldato
Yeah yeah.

I'm only on a spoonful of rice a day now (well, it feels like that :p) so I'm sure I could wing it out longer ;)

you do realise that the express rice is already precooked and so should not be used to replace raw rice weights!

my cooked up 100g of rice a day weighs in at 400g, so if your using uncle bens experess and only having say 100g of rice per day, thats probably close to 30g raw?!?

and also the cost differnce is still relatively the same as your bag of uncooked rice would last you even longer if your having less rice a day :)

Caporegime
Deadlifts last night. Dropping ortmeyer routine for now, it's not going to help me for my next comp so will start again after.

Just went with what I felt like doing, which is how I've normally done deads tbh.

warmups
180x3
185x3
190x3
195x3
200x3
210x3 (this was filmed, first time i've ever had my deads filmed so once uploaded you can all slate my form :D )
220x2
230x1
180x9

Much better. Wasn't planning on going above 220 last night, but for the first time in a few weeks things felt right so stuck 230 on.
Happy with that given i've felt that my deads were going backwards this last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom