*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
damn it, forgot it was your last night at DW and i went training this morning :( you have made some good steps foward in the last month mate, stick to it when your back at your gym and you know where DW is if you get a job in mk

That's alrite man :) I'm sure I'll pop along again at some point.

Thanks though, good to know I have made some decent progress (hell, done to new pb's, so can't moan!) and my working sets have shot up a fair whack. Had some good pointers from you and LiE as well, it's all helped.

What are you up to so far on your Deadlifts?

Working set? I've done 90kg the last two weeks for 4x3, last week I didn't feel amazing so left it the same, hoping to kncock it up to 95 or more this evening for the working set...Have any ideas on how I should work up to that? Do a few at 60kg, then a few at 70, 80, then working set?

My 1rm is 115kg now, but that was after a working set and working up in singles again up to that weight, so could probably do more if I did a proper 1rm session :)

Soldato
Do you folks train when sick? I've been in bed with a cold/flu since Wednesday. Feel better today but nose still blocked and runny. I'm dying to get back in there. Do I wait until I'm 100% ready or do I go in at 70%? I feel I can handle a light(ish) workout. Am I being silly?

Soldato
Do you folks train when sick? I've been in bed with a cold/flu since Wednesday. Feel better today but nose still blocked and runny. I'm dying to get back in there. Do I wait until I'm 100% ready or do I go in at 70%? I feel I can handle a light(ish) workout. Am I being silly?

Sometimes it really helps. You can only gauge it yourself really, If I'm in the last day or two of the cold I'll train and it usually clears it up nicely. Saying that I've only done it once in 2 years of gymming because I don't get ill lol.

Permabanned

Me personally, if I can train I will.
My thinking being 70% better than 0%

Associate
I ony go if I feel I could give it 100%, otherwise I'd rather have the extra rest to fully recover. Only you know whether you feel up to it.

If you still need time to recover, I wouldn't want to batter my body in the gym and give it something else to recover form.

Soldato
Sometimes it really helps. You can only gauge it yourself really, If I'm in the last day or two of the cold I'll train and it usually clears it up nicely. Saying that I've only done it once in 2 years of gymming because I don't get ill lol.

I tend to get sick when the seasons start changing. Rest of the time I'm as healthy as a horse. It's extremely annoying. Such a crucial time in my cardio/diet too.

Caporegime
In comparison to my left thumb its wildly weaker. Never recovered from a break 16 years ago. Singles and a few doubles and triple lifts are ok, but with heavier weights it gives up after a few reps.
plate holds and drop/catches have never brought it back up.

Means I've got 3 weeks to get used to hook grip!

Caporegime
Dunno Morba, straps aren't allowed in unequipped powerlifting either, which isn't really a problem because you're not doing reps.

Not in powerlifting at all is it? I can appreciate that though as it's a single lift.
Something like strongman, where the event is for reps, imo you (event organiser) should not let forearms or grip be the weakpoint when the focus is on back strength.

Soldato
Got to the point where I feel I can't be bothered anymore.
Been training on and off for ages now and I end up changing my mind on goals some where along the line. Never feel like I am making great gains and only time I actually feel decent is after training rest of the time its like meh the difference appears minimal.

Caporegime
Got to the point where I feel I can't be bothered anymore.
Been training on and off for ages now and I end up changing my mind on goals some where along the line. Never feel like I am making great gains and only time I actually feel decent is after training rest of the time its like meh the difference appears minimal.

How long have you been training solidly for? ie, this stint?

What have your goals been? You need a reason to be going to the gym, not just to get big.

Have a read: http://www.schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/Whats-Old-is-New-Again-Redefining-the-Quality-of-Life

Along with everything else on there really. You might just need a new outlook on training as a whole, a different approach, a different overall goal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom