*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Being a PT yourself, is it kosher having someone utilise you for the routine/diet and a few initial sessions to get everything understood properly, then only come back for checkups every couple of months? It feels kinda... cheeky, I dunno.

Perfectly fine, I often do this with clients, books in 4sessions or so, I'll go over each day of the routine with them and write everything down and then send them on their way. 2-3weeks later, they will check back in for another session and so on.
If he's a decent PT (don't just judge it by his physique) then he should just want to help you. I've had people book in 1 session who just want to sit and talk to me for 30mins and hammer out a routine and plan for themselves :)

Man of Honour
What do you do for your mobility warm up?

Should really start doing this myself.

Upper Body Mobility

20x rolls on foam roller:

IT Band
Hip Flexors
Glutes(priformis)
Thoracic Spine
Shoulder (infraspinatus)
Pecs
Lats

Mobility:

Shoulder dislocations
Pec mobilisation
Scapula push ups
Scaupla wall slides
Bent over YTWs
Thoracic extension
Diverbomber push ups
Clap Pushups

Lower body

20x foam rolls:

IT Band
Hip Flexors
Glutes(priformis)
Thoracic Spine
Adductors

mobility:

Hip Circles
Mountain climbers
Thoracic extensions
Squat to stand
Lateral squats
Wall squats
Bridges
Medicine ball slams

Soldato
Guys,

If I'm buying 400g packs of refridgerated, ready diced chicken from sainsburys, and the nutritional info says 30g protein per 100g - then that means I will get 30g per 100g (quarter of the pack) after cooking right? I've read some conflicting info regarding the protein count being effectively divided by 2 after cooking which would throw my macros right off :eek:

Chicken is about 30g of protein per 100g yes. Cooked/uncooked it doesn't matter, but obviously the weight will change. I weigh all my meat uncooked.

Day 1 of IF, not eating until 12 :o Dis gonn' b gud :cool:

Caporegime
Upper Body Mobility

20x rolls on foam roller:

IT Band
Hip Flexors
Glutes(priformis)
Thoracic Spine
Shoulder (infraspinatus)
Pecs
Lats

Mobility:

Shoulder dislocations
Pec mobilisation
Scapula push ups
Scaupla wall slides
Bent over YTWs
Thoracic extension
Diverbomber push ups
Clap Pushups

Lower body

20x foam rolls:

IT Band
Hip Flexors
Glutes(priformis)
Thoracic Spine
Adductors

mobility:

Hip Circles
Mountain climbers
Thoracic extensions
Squat to stand
Lateral squats
Wall squats
Bridges
Medicine ball slams

Heh, that's a workout in itself :o

Caporegime
I must be weak :p when I do 10 (5 on each leg) I'm almost collapsing on the last rep. 20 reps per set would be pretty hardcore, but also a long walk around the gym :p

Aye, I'm basically doing ten per leg :o So 30 per leg! No wonder i'm nearly blacking out haha

Weights only getting heavier as well :o

I do mine statically, but i'm doing reverse lunges at the moment, not sure when / if I should change to front lunges, probably not fall over as much

Soldato

Didn't realise you were joining in :) I found the shift EASY, but that's 'cause I was only having a shake for breakfast t'wards the beginning of it anyway :) You going on a bulk, what's your kcal target?

Forgot my BCAAs this morning but still beasted the gym, had a 10 - 20g of whey when I got to work!

70kg front squats felt good and easy, had elbows higher (massive red marks on collar bone!) although had to use the rack for the last 2 sets as I physically couldn't clean the bar up from the floor after the first 3! I could get the height, but couldn't drop myself under the bar with enough confidence, 5 attempts and I ended up using the rack :p

Managed 26kg DB bench, so 28kg on Friday. 30kg isn't looking that far off, I get to be a big boy soon :D

Associate
Good progress,

I can do 120Kg on sequats x 5 reps.

Guys, any tips on how to get a defind shoulder ? like a round shoulder ?

Soldato
Few people here are quite keen on front raises for front delt development, rather than bigger compounds. Personally I love the feeling of doing a big OHP and finishing off with some front raises.

Arnies are good an' all, but really need to see your routine first.

Caporegime
Few people here are quite keen on front raises for front delt development, rather than bigger compounds. Personally I love the feeling of doing a big OHP and finishing off with some front raises.

Arnies are good an' all, but really need to see your routine first.

oooooooooooh I love arnies, but I've dropped them for the time being.

Associate
Chicken is about 30g of protein per 100g yes. Cooked/uncooked it doesn't matter, but obviously the weight will change. I weigh all my meat uncooked.

Cool.

I've been doing IF for 2/3 weeks.

As of last Friday started on a nutritional plan set out by Andy over at rippedbody.jp. So 12 weeks of this and I should be ripped... we'lll see... :D

kai

kai

Soldato
Tried Deadlifting 165kg last night! did not even budge it.... PB is 150 but been doing a lot of strength training for last 6 weeks and thought i would at leats make a good effort at it!!

Want.... no, need to break 2.5x bodyweight :(

On separate note, Steedie - you hiding under a rock?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Good effort Kai, you strong featherweight :p
The first part of the deads is always the hardest, especially if you want to lift properly and not lift the entire thing with the lower back. Are you following any specific strength program or just lifting heavy ass weights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom