*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Associate
Predictive text :-/ was only doing 60-75kg but I did 7 sets a2f working on depth then light set where I would stop in the squat and hold it for 5 seconds.

Delvis, you can see what I do on my thread :) to much to type on this bloody phone. It my main exercise will be deadlifts tonight tho.

Soldato
They look like they have a raised heel with them talking about the 'wedge'. You want as close to 'zero drop' with a shoe as possible, which is why lots of people wear converse and minimalist footwear, Arnie went barefoot etc.

Well that depends if you want a strong powerlifter style lowbar squat or a strong weightlifting style high bar squat, where a heel wedge is beneficial. hence the existence of these shoes.

Permabanned
Anyone else here a runner as well as having aims to pack on muscle?

And by runner I mean someone who runs 3-5+ times a week and races 1-2 times a month. Not those that just jog around the street!!! :p

I've been running two years now so I have a good idea why I usually feel tired.

Just wondering how you balance the two together? I do both and I'm finding that the weights are ok but when it comes to running I am finding that my legs feel really heavy and almost brick like. Just a lack of movement that I'm not use to feeling this often.

I follow the Stronglifts 5x5 (Halfway through week4) and it's the last 2 weeks where I've noticed it's having an effect on my running.

This is how a typical week looks at the moment:

Monday - Stronglifts
Tuesday - 4-5 Mile Run
Wednesday -Stronglifts
Thursday - 7-8 Mile Run
Friday - Stronglifts
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 8-10 Mile Run

Mon/Tues - Thurs/Fri/Sat

I am also cycling these days to work as well at quite a fast pace on an MTB which is 3 miles each way.

Think I may be overtraining or do I just need to wait for my body to adapt to what I'm doing?

Caporegime
Run on the treadmill for a bit, that'll loosen them

I have squats monday, then chest weds, then back friday...By the time i've done squats on a monday, my legs should be okay for friday

kai

kai

Soldato
oooh, how many of you guys tried the following; i read about it before performing deadlifts last night. Shurg at the top of the movement as one smooth motion; allows you to go heavy - Traps are in total agony today after it

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nah, my upper back is already on pretty tight so I'd not want to move my shoulders into a shrug. Deadlift is ideally done with eveything kept tight, no fancy business :p

kai

kai

Soldato
Nah, my upper back is already on pretty tight so I'd not want to move my shoulders into a shrug. Deadlift is ideally done with eveything kept tight, no fancy business :p

Tend to agree, but my training partner is doing everything he can to improve traps - he is 6'2" 98Kg and only have a 15 1/2" neck size; its funny!!! because he is pretty well rounded but its noticeable

Associate
Not really, I don't know why everyone loves doing splits, full bodys just seem more appealing to me as I like to push myself to the edge. I've been packing on muscle and losing bodyfat while doing it the last 3 months but I've had a pertty good diet. Not going to change anything till after my prelims and I finish working my way up to 140 deads for reps and sets then try for a 1RM my goal is 180kg then I will try somthing like LiE's 5/3/1 training programe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom