*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
120kg Deadlift PB tonight!

Pretty happy with that, starting to get along with DL's now, thanks for peoples tips many pages back now :)

Nice, PBs are the fun part :D

Seems like today was deadlift day for most of people. I currently have a runny nose and cold-like symptoms so wasn't at my best.

60 x 10
100 x 8
140 x 5
180 x 2
200 fail :( barely lifted the bar
200 x 1 Struggled but managed it, form felt bad though
160 x 3 x 5

It's oil basically. Synthol

googled it and it sounds like nasty stuff kinda counter intuitive to inject himself with fat. Nice lifting btw :cool:

Can someone help me out? My friends and I are trying to find a gym around Westminster but having some trouble finding one that fits our needs:

We're all 17
Needs to be fairly cheap (<£200-ish a year)
Needs a good free weights section, particularly a power cage

The Uni of Westminster Regent Street one looked good but you have to be 18, same for thegym.

Simply lie like a dog*, it's only 1 year difference anyway :p

*I accept absolutely no responsibility for the possible consequences of this action which might involve going to jail and getting raped by henchmen

Soldato
I've switched my cardio from swimming to xtrainer.

Im doing interval training, 10 sprints in total (takes 35mins)

5 mins level 6 warm up, 1 min level 12, 2 mins level 6, 1 min level 12, 2 mins level 6.. repeat untill I have done 10 level 12's.

Its hard work. But is that sufficient, or do I need to do it for longer?

Soldato
When I did interval training I just did stuff like the Tabata protocol: 20 secs 100% effort, 10 secs rest x 8. Takes 15 minutes, half of which is the warm up/down. Makes you want to throw up it's so hard... esp when I was doing hill sprints with it - got used to the taste of iron in my mouth.

Soldato
eww, is that even muscle? just looks like a lump of mouldable fat on his arms. Needs bigger forearms too!

EDIT: Also reading the article: "The gym fanatic admits to taking protein shakes to help with his bodybuilding but puts his bulging body down to genetics..."
Is it just me or are they trying to make it sound like protein shakes is bad?

biggest-biceps_2337677k.jpg

Associate
**** me he looks terrible, his arms look like a pair of snakes that have swallowed rabbits whole and are currently digesting them

Soldato
I feel totally destroyed and slightly queezy after Deadlifts..

W1 - C1 - Deadlift

97.5x5
112.5x5
125x10

BBB @ 100kg - Felt fine until towards the end where I had the sudden urge to vomit :o
Core work

Soldato
I've switched my cardio from swimming to xtrainer.

Im doing interval training, 10 sprints in total (takes 35mins)

5 mins level 6 warm up, 1 min level 12, 2 mins level 6, 1 min level 12, 2 mins level 6.. repeat untill I have done 10 level 12's.

Its hard work. But is that sufficient, or do I need to do it for longer?

20 minutes on the interval mode is what i do after i've done my weights session, and that's done three times a week with a days rest inbetween workouts.

Soldato
95kgx5
95kgx4f reps of front squats on Tuesday and lots more leg work, (full body) has left my body in serious pain after not going to gym Monday-Friday last week as was in Prague (went gym Saturday =P). My front squat is getting better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom