*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I started this new thing for my calves, 15 reps on standing machine raises, 15 on a platform and then 15 on the floor 1 after the other. Then back to standing machine half the weight, 15, 15 platform, 15 floor. Back to machine half again, 15, 15, 15 and done.
Someone down the gym was on about it, can't remember where he came across it but it beasts my calves and I actually feel they have been worked out after. Only do it once a week mind on my legs day. Not sure if it seems excessive but my calves do so much work anyway heavyish weight and volume seems to be working ok at the moment. What with walking around 4-5 mile a day, running and kick boxing not much else seems to work them out the same :(

Can I get a form check on my squats pleaaaaase, thanks :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxshsnqcwzhespw/2012-09-14 13.31.56.mp4
https://www.dropbox.com/s/grkjck0s13ombcg/2012-09-14 13.37.22.mp4

Think that was 87kg on the bar and it felt ok could have done more I reckon not easily but comfortable. Looks like my ass maybe sticking out a bit though, to much arch lower back?

Soldato
Yeah me and sigma! It's hard to get a form vid on that squat rack due to it being so close to the wall and another squat rack almost directly behind me, some other guy was on that one :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Deads were immense tonight. 190 x 9, a new PB! boom!

I'm not gonna lie, I could have got a 10th. I was being extremely explosive and it paid off massively.

Soldato
Monkee, i was going to post earlier about some of the numpty's who train in superdry stuff at our gym but was to busy lol, seems you beat me to it ;P

FeFiDoh, i was about to post that sigma goes to that gym!

heres an idea, how about you each plan to go and squat on the same day and you can both film each other, what way we might get a good vid from you both haha

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It was funny, made such a racket doing the set.

While I was doing chins people kept going over to the bar to count the weight, on my way out I had to tell some guys as they looked confused. Classic lol.

Man of Honour
is whole grain pasta a reasonable alternative to brown rice?

Has to be better for you than eating non wholewheat pasta but I don't know how it compares for macro calculations. From a quick look wholewheat spaghetti vs brown rice it seems to have more calories, more fibre and more protein but I've no idea if the site is accurate or if that fits with what you want.

No. :( :( My calves don't look great really.

They'd have to be exceptional to show through jogging bottoms though. :p

Deads were immense tonight. 190 x 9, a new PB! boom!

Nice work. :)

Associate
Squats:
60x5
100x4
140x2
160x1
170x1
180x1 (PB)
182.5x1 (PB)

Deadlifts:
70x5
120x2
140x1
160x1
180x1
200x1
215x1 (PB)

BOOM! Vids at some point.

Man of Honour
Nice work chaps!

Can I play?

Four count paused beltless deads 1" off the floor 4x180kg

Completely ruined me. Complete hip fatigue. Second session back to squatting, it feels so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom