*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Moving from the Pics thread, started reading IIFYM...

Based on your information your details, the TDEE calculator puts your daily calorie requirement at 2918.

Interesting!

Anyone got a good app to track food quantities with?

Last edited:
Soldato
Moving from the Pics thread, started reading IIFYM...

Based on your information your details, the TDEE calculator puts your daily calorie requirement at 2918.

Interesting!

Anyone got a good app to track food quantities with?

There are loads, MyFitnessPal and FatSecret Calorie Counter are two good ones I've used.

Soldato
I really should plan a diet before that because it's pretty obvious that I'm not eating enough, I'm well aware of that.

I'll go away and try to find high calorie foods that my body accepts.

Edit - quick search:

Whole grains, pastas, rice & high calorie breakfast cereals
Potatoes, yams
Dips & spreads
Beans & other legumes
Avocado
Oily fish such as salmon, tuna or fish oil supplements
Red meats
Cooked vegetables/meats/etc in olive oil

Last edited:
Soldato
No whey, milk (well, I drink oat milk, not sure how many calories that has) or nuts... I can eat them in small quantities but if I eat them daily/every other day my body no likely, same with rice but that can be swapped for pasta.

I didn't realise Avocados have so many calories, need to find some recipes for them.

Man of Honour
Everyone is too hung up on "clean" food now to go adding the entire kitchen into a shake

Clean food is good - nothing wrong with that....

Diet, training, and even bodybuilding, evolves as knowledge improves. Else we'd all be stuck on this bulk/cut ********, and have fat "bodybuilders" or "powerlifters" etc...

What's the point in adding extra crap into your diet? Take your time, do it slow, do it hard, and don't be in a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom