*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai

kai

Soldato
MonKeE, i am going through hell and you post that. I am not even looking in the La Cusine Thread.

8lts of water a day, boiled turkey and no carbs untill Monday - carb depletion sucks.

This is what i have to eat :( looks like i am boiling underpants. Let's balance this thread.

487459_10151021547480989_1878704469_n.jpg

Caporegime
MonKeE, i am going through hell and you post that. I am not even looking in the La Cusine Thread.

8lts of water a day, boiled turkey and no carbs untill Monday - carb depletion sucks.

This is what i have to eat :( looks like i am boiling underpants. Let's balance this thread.

487459_10151021547480989_1878704469_n.jpg

Where as today I have eaten (so far, its only early):

double protein shake
6 rashers of bacon and 4 fried eggs
vanilla latte (full fat) and a muffin
large 1/4lber meal with extra chicken sandwich and a mcflurry
vanilla latte (full fat) with a chunk of cake

mmmmmm

Caporegime
In all seriousness, would it not be better if you ate something a tad more healthy morba? Or is it pure calories you are after? :)

Never looked in to the diet and training for strongman things

Man of Honour

double protein shake

mmmmmm

You evil **** :D

Man of Honour
In all seriousness, would it not be better if you ate something a tad more healthy morba? Or is it pure calories you are after? :)

Define "healthy".

If you don't care about adding a bit of bf, pile in the calories.

My super heavy weight powerlifter mate aims for 600g of carbs post workout. Carb back loading ftw.

Caporegime

At this point it doesnt really matter. As long as I'm not making myself sick or eating 5000kcal+ it's not going to make a difference.
The idea is to rested and fed enough to make an impact on comp day.

If i had to make weight then it would be different, and tbh this isn't a normal day I'm just being a pig lol.
Most days this week have been 1 coffee and cake and main lunch has been lots of chicken and jacket potato with beans. So all in all it's not a problem :)

kai

kai

Soldato

double protein shake

mmmmmm

Arhhhhh, i hate you. The highlight of my day has been a flavoured Vitamin C tablet

Boiled turkey?!?

What the actual ****.

SURELY that isn't necessary.

Yep, i need to draw out all the sodium from the meat that will still be present if i bake or fry, It also seperates any fat on the meat.

Caporegime
Define "healthy".

If you don't care about adding a bit of bf, pile in the calories.

My super heavy weight powerlifter mate aims for 600g of carbs post workout. Carb back loading ftw.

Just a simple question really, wasn't intending to insult anyone.

What I mean by 'healthy' is not donuts, cookies and other high sugar high sat-fat foods. Although I'm aware that things like this can and have been used effectively.

You really are beginning to bore me. Don't like me, put me on ignore please.

And apologies for not knowing the answer to everything in the universe.

At this point it doesnt really matter. As long as I'm not making myself sick or eating 5000kcal+ it's not going to make a difference.
The idea is to rested and fed enough to make an impact on comp day.

If i had to make weight then it would be different, and tbh this isn't a normal day I'm just being a pig lol.
Most days this week have been 1 coffee and cake and main lunch has been lots of chicken and jacket potato with beans. So all in all it's not a problem :)

Thanks morba, glad you didn't take it the wrong way. :) And thanks for elaborating

Man of Honour
Just a simple question really, wasn't intending to insult anyone.

What I mean by 'healthy' is not donuts, cookies and other high sugar high sat-fat foods. Although I'm aware that things like this can and have been used effectively.
I wasn't thinking you were trying to be offensive :p

I was just pointing out that those things aren't inherently unhealthy.

Caporegime
I wasn't thinking you were trying to be offensive :p

I was just pointing out that those things aren't inherently unhealthy.

Please elaborate.

I know theres all this IIFYM sniffing going on around these parts (joking :p) but surely eating ice cream, donuts, fried stuff etc etc is just going to make you all lethargic among other feelings (yes, I know that isn't morbas daily diet) :)

Caporegime
High sat fat - not a problem, calorie density aside.

High sugar - it depends on your dietary protocol. Read: http://www.stack.com/2012/06/04/carb-back-loading/

Morba, any of your strongman buddies cab back load?

Not on purpose I doubt, but we all eat well would be the best way of putting it lol.
Except for little Joe who is trying to grow, so he is drinking LOTS of milk at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom