*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Clean food is good - nothing wrong with that....

Diet, training, and even bodybuilding, evolves as knowledge improves. Else we'd all be stuck on this bulk/cut ********, and have fat "bodybuilders" or "powerlifters" etc...

What's the point in adding extra crap into your diet? Take your time, do it slow, do it hard, and don't be in a rush.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with it, I just feel some people are worried they have slightly too many "bad" carbs or other imbalances in their diet to get the sufficient calories down their neck.

Man of Honour
I agree. I think people need to experience the learning curve and see how their body reacts to different stimuli. Then learn how to play with it. Ultimately they also need to learn to eat and not worried about gaining fat. Fat easier to get rid of than putting muscle on.

Soldato
He's using it for current gyno reversal by the sounds of it so I'd agree with the letro and nolva in this case, but as you said if it's for on cycle I'd agree with you.

Correct, this is for pubertal gyno, nothing to do with cycling.

What he already has moobs? Might wanna hold off on the planned bike ride then :p.

Chances are I'm not going to be any more at risk of it redeveloping as most others. But it's something I want (excuse the pun) nipped in the bud soon as I can.

Soldato
I'm ridiculously prone to gyno hence why I can only do 3-4 stages of the TdF. I gave up and started to walk it instead. Just for peace of mind.

Anyway fellas, FF and the mod ilk has been quite kind in letting us bring bike talk this far, but if people are going to name drop bike names this might end :( So let us not!

Soldato
Do people really struggle to understand that what I'm talking about are not steroids?

Extract from Wiki:
Wikipedia said:
Tamoxifen is used to prevent estrogen related gynecomastia, resulting from elevated estrogenic levels. It is taken as a preventative measure in small doses, or used at the onset of any symptoms e.g. nipple soreness/sensitivity

However there's been a lot of feedback on the Internet to support Nolva's case for removing or vastly improving cases of gyno. From what I understand, any fatty tissue that's been created through gyno will remain - only surgery will fix that. However, part of the gyno symptoms is a hard yet tender lump under the nipple area - this is from what I understand a gland. Nolva has been successfully used to vastly shrink or completely remove this lump.

Now, it's not a guaranteed solution, but for £40, it's worth a punt, right?

The reason I mentioned Letrozole is because it seems to be a far more effective drug, however from what I understand it's an injectable and also carries more powerful side effects (loss of sex drive, the usual potential hair loss etc).

Last edited:
Soldato
Week 2 over and damn its been a bad week all round; Never felt so weak and tired :(. Every lift has been a struggle and recovery has been slow as hell. Might try the last week without BBB and stick to the assistance exercises I was doing last time as its the only thing new I've introduced in this set of 531.

On a strange note, every time I do Kroc rows I get bloodshot in one eye that takes days to go away :eek:.

Man of Honour
Do people really struggle to understand that what I'm talking about are not steroids?

Extract from Wiki:

However there's been a lot of feedback on the Internet to support Nolva's case for removing or vastly improving cases of gyno. From what I understand, any fatty tissue that's been created through gyno will remain - only surgery will fix that. However, part of the gyno symptoms is a hard yet tender lump under the nipple area - this is from what I understand a gland. Nolva has been successfully used to vastly shrink or completely remove this lump.

The reason I mentioned Letrozole is because it seems to be a far more effective drug, however from what I understand it's an injectable and also carries more powerful side effects (loss of sex drive, the usual potential hair loss etc).

Which turns it into a medical thread.

Have you talked about this with your GP?

Caporegime
Clean food is good - nothing wrong with that....

Diet, training, and even bodybuilding, evolves as knowledge improves. Else we'd all be stuck on this bulk/cut ********, and have fat "bodybuilders" or "powerlifters" etc...

What's the point in adding extra crap into your diet? Take your time, do it slow, do it hard, and don't be in a rush.

Couldn't have said it better really.

Caporegime
However, part of the gyno symptoms is a hard yet tender lump under the nipple area - this is from what I understand a gland. Nolva has been successfully used to vastly shrink or completely remove this lump.

Pretty much what I have then :p But without feeling other peoples nipples, I wouldn't know if it was normal or not :o

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It will and has destroyed me :eek:. Can see why you dropped it now.. I think I will go back to my assistance ones as it worked last time :)

BBB is great for conditioning. Every time I did BBB squats I would feel like passing out. It was just a bit too much for me, but I do need the conditioning so I do some treadmill work now.

Soldato
BBB is great for conditioning. Every time I did BBB squats I would feel like passing out. It was just a bit too much for me, but I do need the conditioning so I do some treadmill work now.

Oh, I agree. I was actually enjoying the session itself, it was just the recovery bit that I was lacking it and felt totally exhausted when it was the next session and felt pretty weak in the lifts.

Probably doesnt help that I've lowered my cals a bit in order to shift some weight (which seems to be going well). Ah well, roll on next week and lazy weekend! :D

Associate

Extract from Wiki:

nolva wont get rid of the gyno, it will only shrink it and it will more likely come back when you stop taking it unless you take a very small dosage of letrozole, arimidex and aromasin are very good too, id recommend them over letrozole and use that as a last resort.

Soldato
Gyno is caused by a hormone imbalance remember, and this can be caused by many things. In my case, having it when I was much younger could've been caused by diet, lifestyle or the fact I was overweight. I don't think I will have such a hormone imbalance anymore, so I can't see why it would come back if it's all in check.

As for removing gyno, I agree. But if it removes the puffy nipples/hard lump, then the excess fat I can "fill out" as I gain mass.

Soldato
yes but that is an entirely different subject, hypothetical due to the fact it hasn't happened yet, and not something I want to draw in to the discussion :)

Currently: I am 100% natural. I have pubertal Gynecomastia. I want to do what I can (short of surgery) to minimise or remove as much of the condition as I can.

There's no need to bring the talk of illegal steroids in to the discussion!

Man of Honour
Some of the replies in this discussion

nxkih3.jpg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom