*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'd be shocked if you need over 180g of protein a day mate, yet alone 300g! Try dropping the protein and uping the carbs and fats. Don't be worried about fats as long as you're getting from good sources (eggs, animals fats, nuts, good oils), they won't go straight to your belly! :p

You have no need for 300g of protein. You can pretty much 1/2 that - so that's only 600 calories that you'll need to get from more fats or carbs if you want extra calories. So that's maybe around 70g of extra fat, or 150 of carbs. Or a combination of the two in which ever way you want.

Thanks.

I may be confused on how the body works. Why the need for so many carbs? Surely it will turn to fat if i'm having that many, I understand carbs along with protein help to build muscle....but that many?

Are 'bad foods' such as biscuits/naughty desserts a bad way of getting the carb intake? I would have thought no but somebody I work with disagree's and said 'eat everything even crap food'.

Last edited:
Associate
haha yes they are annoying! Thanks for the video(s)

and the 8th rep (syla5 thought I was done :))

Proper pushing the belly out here, worryingly my waist is 7" smaller than chest but here it looks 7" bigger :D
Quite happy with my form there, stupid shorts to be wearing as cheese grater bar wanted to get tangled in them lol

*UT voice* Super Freak!! :cool:

You should create your own strongman thread. A lot of people might miss your progress and videos in between the bickering and random nonsense and it would be something I'd like to subscribe to and keep a track of. Well done btw :)

+1

Associate
Squats:
60x5
100x5
130x2
150x1
160x5 (PB)

Dips:
BWx10

Leg press:
100x5
150x5
200x8

Pushdowns:
80x5
80x5
80x7
70x5
60x5
50x10
40x10

Squats were absurdly easy. Felt like I had at least 8 reps there.

Man of Honour
Off to go smash a deadlift PB now, 180 here I come!

Absolutely delighted!! I did the PB!! :D

100kg x12
130kg x8
160kg x4
180kg failed

Big psych up and encouragement from a friend

Boom! 180kg x1!!

Wasn't the prettiest form in the world once it came off the ground but I managed it and I'm delighted!!

Caporegime
Nice work steeds! Thats awesome.

Did legs tonight. Squats went well, slowly working the weight up, getting closer and closer to my 1rm for reps.

After back squats did front squats, then on to some reverse lunges for some wobble-tastic fun.

Chest tomorrow, hoping the 20's work this week

Soldato
doh, understandable not taking in the new iphone fair enough! as for asking strangers, well i havent had anyone turn me down yet lol, got some strange looks though, but as its all for my benefit i dont give a hoot what they might thinnk :)

nice work delvis, keep at it, hoepfully the squatting is becomiing more and more 2nd nature and your less focused on getting the movement right as such, and it seems to be paying off! you'll be out squatting me soon :D

Caporegime
nice work delvis, keep at it, hoepfully the squatting is becomiing more and more 2nd nature and your less focused on getting the movement right as such, and it seems to be paying off! you'll be out squatting me soon :D

Thanks mate, its getting there, bit wobbly on some of the reps, but its going to be at the higher end of my weight range

Caporegime
Good mornings hurt. Well they did

And im not sure i have the correct equipment for hyper extensions?

All in all its getting better, deadlifts are helping it somewhat, although they can tweak it as well

As you say though, should have done more in the early days, lack of a training partner didnt help there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom