*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
2AF956EF-F4A3-4224-B620-C1E868D32134-12743-0000077AB03868EF.jpg

Looking strong Freefaller!

But seriously; I hope that's real

Soldato
Just purchased about 10Kg of Chicken, freezer is a happy bunny, nomnoming it all up.

£1.99 for 500g of frozen breasts in Sainsburys and plenty of the butchers counter things on offer just before closing :D

Caporegime
I think they are just a little confused and they think you are doing it like this:

They traditional way is to have they bar on your back like when you squat, you could also have it in the front rack position for some extra core stimulus but that would be considerably harder. Holding it in your hands is just a little unnecessary.

I only use straps on Kroc rows because trying to do 20+ reps with a heavy dumbbell is suicide on your grip and I have been know to use them on RDLs. I still maintain that they shouldn't be used except when your own grip has already failed that way you get the maximum affect on your grip but still being able to train properly.

Aye I was doing that, just found it easier, that and my grip isn't exactly grand anyway...That coupled with my ridiculous balance issues (as you know) I doubt I'd be doing much via back squat methods

Man of Honour
Aye I was doing that, just found it easier, that and my grip isn't exactly grand anyway...That coupled with my ridiculous balance issues (as you know) I doubt I'd be doing much via back squat methods

I can't remember if you've got a Smith Machine in your gym but wouldn't calf raises be one of the times where you could use one and it be reasonably sensible? You'd just need some sort of platform for your toes but since the basic motion is more or less straight up and down then the restricted path for the machine is almost a benefit.

Caporegime
I can't remember if you've got a Smith Machine in your gym but wouldn't calf raises be one of the times where you could use one and it be reasonably sensible? You'd just need some sort of platform for your toes but since the basic motion is more or less straight up and down then the restricted path for the machine is almost a benefit.

Sadly not, I have this to work with.

I'll try it on my back and see how things goes, hopefully I don't ram the barbell through the window to the right of the rack where that poster is :D

Soldato
hey hey,

I am normally an gym goer, but am finding less and less time to get to my local and so am looking at a small set up in my garage where i can go and throw a few weights around when i get some time.

I would like a bench, bar and some free weights - money is tight with a growing army to feed, so i am looking to get more for my cash. Is this a good bench, recommended:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/York-Heavy-...T0T6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349859234&sr=8-1

Any recommendations on where to get the bar and weights from? I have looked on the bay and because i am in the middle of nowhere, when stuff does come up local it goes for silly money!

(6ft 2" and 15st - so a decent bench is a must!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom