*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Yes you have to wear a singlet.Strength Shop will be cheaper than Pullums.

Its to help judge depth, as well as to make sure your ass stays on the bench when benching. A baggy T-shirt will hide it if you lift your ass. And to reveal lifting gear.

And there will be no other time to reveal dem squat quads. Do it.
^this

edit:

just wrap yourself in cling film innit?
and this

Associate
I've had a think about it and I am proberly going to give it a miss this year. I just do not have the money and I don't feel my squat and bench is good enough. Also there is a lot of rules to learn in a short time, I've been working on some of them like slow controled squat with depth and paused bench but I haven't even thought of ones like ass and head must be on the bench and now I've been hit with this singlet you have to wear... I could offer to do it shirtless tho ;) My main worry is not letting down the few that offerd me a lift down and were looking foward to it so I'll have to speak with them first.

Deadlifts tonight even though I was feeling I'll I still managed to push myself and get a PB

Normal 5/3/1

On the + set I managed to get 10 of 160 but the last few reps were more of a touch and go.

EDIT: Any idea on how to embed videos?
Then I went to see how many reps of 180 I could do. 3x180 easy, could have got atleast 5 but I would have **** myself so I stopped XD.

Heres the video...

Form was not my best, heads all over the place and maybe back could be better but it felt ok. I'll let you guys be the judge ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72c9mffVN6w&feature=youtu.be

LiE is going to be all over me for doing touch and go reps :D

Next week I'll try and get 3+ paused

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
bouncing :mad:

lol good lifting mate, you should reset to really benefit from the _dead_ part of the lift, which you're only getting on your first rep.

Can't deny that the weight is immense for your body weight, I'm probably just able to nail 1 rep at 3xBW (250kg).

Associate
Haha my arms aren't long at all I'm just on the shorter side (5,6) Well everyone els seems to lock out the same place as me :D Way past my knees ;)

Haha Ice + liE I'll maybe try and get a 1rm or do 180 set again properly and I'll be sure to video it ;)

How is form on my first Rep? Just curious?

Associate
Yeah I've been working on it trying to knock it out of me. Most of my 5/3/1 sets are all reset except from today where I was just wanting to do a quick set for motivation because of the way im feeling :( Was just thinking the up of the first Rep ;)

Caporegime
It is that easy sometimes , sort your **** Delvis.

Thanks mate.

:D

Chest and triceps this evening:
From blog:
Something just clicked today...No idea what it was, but everything felt amazing, I just had SO much energy to push through a couple of barriers.

-Mobility
-DB bench press:
WU: 12x20kg, 6x30kg
WS: 40kg: 10, 10, 13.
-Incline BB bench:
45kg: 12, 12, 12/14 - I think I got 14 here, lost count completely.
-Decline flyes:
3x16x10kg
-CGBP:
40kg: 4 (hahahaha!) then 30kg: 11
30kg: 14, 14.
-Over head tricep extension:
10kg: 10 - too hard really, getting muscle spasm in my right oblique again
7.5kg: 17, 13.
-Dips, with legs in the air on bench:
20, 26, 18+10.

DB bench flew up this week, no idea why, everything just connected, hence the extra few reps on the last set. Same with incline bench, so much so I upped the weight to 45kg. Decline flyes also felt good.

CGBP was hilarious, presumably due to pushing harder on everything else, and putting db flyes before cgbp, 40kg just didn't want to shift well at all. Dropped the weight to get what I wanted out of them.

Dips were good, purely there to smash the triceps, I also believe a piece of my afternoon food decided to come and see what was happening during the second set...Via my mouth.

All in all, excellent, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Only thing I wish went better was the CGBP initially, not fussed though.

Last edited:
Associate
I've got an induction at a local gym tomorrow. Aged 36 and I've never stepped foot in a gym other than to book my induction a few days ago!

I was very fit in my late teens early 20's through playing a lot of football and running cross country at county level. However, I haven't exercised for apprx 10 years now!

I've always been on the skinny to slim side and I'm lucky that I'm not overweight given my non activity and an appalling diet, 6ft and 12st 9lbs. However, I have developed psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I basically look and feel terrible and I have to change it.

I'm not sure how and if getting fit will help my psoriatic conditions but if it helps me to feel better about myself it will be well worth it.

I'm gonna take a pic of myself every 2 weeks for motivation. I don't think I'm brave enough to share them on here in the short term but I will likely be posting in this thread to ask for advice along the way as I haven't a clue yet what I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom