*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I actually find my balance is better once I've got some weight on my back, maybe I'm just weird :D

Yea true dat, i was trying to show my friend the other day what my power rack is for, i tried to do a squat with just the barbell empty and it was harder than fully loaded up, nearly fell over lol

Associate
Haha, my induction didn't go so well. I was told to turn up 'between' 6 and 7 and so I turned up at 6:30. The gym were expecting me at 6 for and induction from 6 to 7! They had someone else booked in at 7 and so I could only do half the induction. I'm going back on Friday for the other half. I'm such a numpty.

Associate
Deadlift:
60x5
100x5
140x5
170x1
185x5

OHP:
40x5
50x2
60x1
67.5x1 (quite a bit of leg drive, so not really an OHP PB)
67.5xf (strict)

Pushpress:
70x3x2

Face-pulls:
50x15x3

Associate
Hey, haven't had access to the internet for a while so haven't been reading recently but I just have a quick question whilst on a mates phone.

I'm starting HST and am doing the strategic deconditioning week. What can I / can't I do. Is a combination of mobility / complexes / plyometrics / core work etc OK or should I take a complete hiatus for the week and just do mobility work?

Soldato
You can do anything. You like just don't go above 60% in my opinion. Currently on my SD week at the end of my first cycle, and I am testing out some new exercises and sticking to the main compound lifts at light weight, stretching/mobility work.

Soldato
Had fun with Deadlifts, although I think its one of the exercises I should really do with some fuel in the tank. Still, wasnt a bad run:
80x5
100x5
135x5
145x3x2
155x1
165x1x2 - Current PB

RDL
Glute Bridges
Core work

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fuark, just when I thought I was better, woke up middle of the night puking my guts up and pretty much been like it since. Yesterday, the one day I'm supposed to be off the gym, I feel better, then today....:(

Goodbye sweet gains :(

Soldato
steeds, get back in there, i skipped monday feeling rough, worst cold i have had in a long long time, yesterday i thought "screw you cold, i am going anyway", went, and felt great afterwards and still feel great this morning (even though i have a cold!), apart from random glute doms, i can only assume these are down to the box squats!

Man of Honour
Mate, normally I'm the first to say to get back in the gym when you have a cold, but given I'm weeing out my rear end and now vomiting, I don't think it's a good idea attempting anything that might strain me

Brb breaking my squat PB by 100kg as I'm aided by jet propulsion from my back side

Associate
i see so many people doing these quarter squats. i call them squarts

still i bet they are laughin at me who is only squating my BW atm but hey im on the right track

Soldato
Mate, normally I'm the first to say to get back in the gym when you have a cold, but given I'm weeing out my rear end and now vomiting, I don't think it's a good idea attempting anything that might strain me

Brb breaking my squat PB by 100kg as I'm aided by jet propulsion from my back side

hahahahah its U_E nappy time lolol

sorry first thing that came to mind, on a geniune note, get well soon mate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom