*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The main thing that gets me is how little i am able to lift becaus i'm just starting out, tuesday is legs so will be time to see what i can squat.

Can currently bench about 30-40k for about 8-10, looking forward to the day i can comfortably squat 100k plus, will be nice to be able to squat girls on a night out :p.

Must be some big girls!

Associate
I think the way to do it is to have one sitting on your shoulder like you'd do in normal squat position and the other one you hold her as you'd do a front squat.

But you need to be able to squat much more than their combined body weight as they are not as stable as a bar, they move and have a different center of mass and you need to balance them.

Associate
I think the way to do it is to have one sitting on your shoulder like you'd do in normal squat position and the other one you hold her as you'd do a front squat.

But you need to be able to squat much more than their combined body weight as they are not as stable as a bar, they move and have a different center of mass and you need to balance them.

Getting all technical now :D

Caporegime
Aye, as I say, sadly I can only do them at home...By the time i've done my back session at the gym and driven home, I'm kinda cooled down by then :o

I'm trying though, kinda thinking of doing them the evening before or morning after perhaps.

EDIT: Woops! Just noticed my working set of BOR's was noted down wrong on here, it was 30kg not 22.5 :o

6 wide pull ups is bloody good, as I'm guessing your not long into lifting?

Soldato
That just puts mine to shame then! I think I can just about manage a set of 5 at 65kg. Funnily enough, that's only 5kg more than what I finished on stronglifts when I did it over 2 years ago.

2 years and 5kg increase on OHP, trololol. Definitely need to stop neglecting my shoulders.

New bench PB of 110x5 today. My aim by the end of the year is for a 500kg total at bodyweight of 68kg, should be realistic but challenging. Then 600kg at the same bodyweight the year after.

Soldato
68kg? I imagined from your pics in the BB thread that you'd be more than that... how tall are you?

Hardly putting you to shame, I wouldn't be able to do any reps with bodyweight.
And an (estimated) 1.8xBW bench. Very nice.

Soldato
That just puts mine to shame then! I think I can just about manage a set of 5 at 65kg. Funnily enough, that's only 5kg more than what I finished on stronglifts when I did it over 2 years ago.

2 years and 5kg increase on OHP, trololol. Definitely need to stop neglecting my shoulders.

New bench PB of 110x5 today. My aim by the end of the year is for a 500kg total at bodyweight of 68kg, should be realistic but challenging. Then 600kg at the same bodyweight the year after.

Nice bench! From your pictures, you don't look like you're 68kg. Damn, thats impressive!

Associate
Hm, out of interest, what would people classify as 'wide grip' for pull ups. I can't go any wider than door frame width when doing a quick home workout, and that never feels particularly 'wide' for me...

kd

I do them so that when i'm at the top of the range of motion, my forearms are perpendicular to the floor and biceps are parallel to the floor. Get a good burn that way :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom