*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Session was ok, still had back and leg doms from wednesdays session :( Gym was empty and I was to pussie to ask somone to video me deadlifting =P

Worked my way up in DL from 100kg (5kg) at a time but felt kind of sick half way through. Managed 150kg pretty easy but didn't want to go higher as I don't have a belt and the gym one had been stolen by some arse :-/ With a belt and full recovery I think I could manage 160/165 but for the next month I'll be working on my form.

Sorry guys I will try to get a heavy video on monday at the gym but tomorrow or sunday I'll do one with the crappy little plastic weights I've got :D

EDIT: Looks like I was feeling sick because I needed to drop a yule log as I feel all better now =P

Soldato
OP
Been slacking in the gym recently and making poor excuses such as being tired and working too late. Mostly it's down to being a lazy sod.

Back on it again today though and it's left me buzzing and feeling awesome again. :D

Only light weights compared to some here but just hit 65kg deads, 60kg squats and 30kg OHP today.

The deads are a new PB! Squats will be a new PB on Sunday (or Monday) as well :D

Soldato
Pullups BWx8 x6 x4 x4
DLs 70kgx8 90kgx8 100kgx8 100kgx7 100kgx5.5 :o 70kgx6

Worked out how to use straps properly today which i used for the final set of 100kg after my grip was truly fried.

Caporegime
Pullups BWx8 x6 x4 x4
DLs 70kgx8 90kgx8 100kgx8 100kgx7 100kgx5.5 :o 70kgx6

Worked out how to use straps properly today which i used for the final set of 100kg after my grip was truly fried.

Some nice volume man, well done :)

Is it just pull-ups and Deads you do for Back?

Been slacking in the gym recently and making poor excuses such as being tired and working too late. Mostly it's down to being a lazy sod.

Back on it again today though and it's left me buzzing and feeling awesome again. :D

Only light weights compared to some here but just hit 65kg deads, 60kg squats and 30kg OHP today.

The deads are a new PB! Squats will be a new PB on Sunday (or Monday) as well :D

Nice one man! It's a nice feeling when the weights go up, when you break that triple figure barrier it's even more amazing!!!

I've only done that on deads, but I haven't tried any PB's for a lonnnnng time.

Caporegime
Nope, did some seated rows aswell. Not a fan of BoRs after doing DLs, until my back is sorted anyway. Then biceps after. Lots and lots of biceps :cool:

I'd rather do seated rows than BOR's quite frankly, I had to stop on the warmup of the BOR's due to my lower back being so damn pumped after the deads, thought it was going to explode.

We only have rowing machines :( I presume you have a proper weighted one?

Caporegime
Ahh okay :)

The only thing I could do would be to sit on the rowing machine, crank it up to it's highest setting and pull away :o

Back Day:
Deadlift:
1 x 10 x 60KG
1 x 2 x 65KG
3 x 8 x 72.5KG

BOR:
1 x 8 x 25KG
(I had to stop for a minute here, my lower back was really pumped due to the deads...After the break it was okay)
3 x 8 x 30KG (Wrote down the wrong weight last night :o)

SAR:
3 x 8 x 22.5KG

Seeing as I missed my hang cleans on Monday, I decided to do them now
HC+PP:
3 x 8 x 15KG :)o)
Still new to these, and going up the scale slowly so I don't cripple my shoulder

I'm now at home trying pull-ups...Managed about 6 so far :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Continuing on from last weeks PB of 150 deadlifting

Today I did

100kg x10
140kg x8
150kg x6 :eek:
160kg x3 :D:D:D

This new gym has given me so much confidence, purely because everyone in there is much more serious about lifting so it pushes you to really give it everything so not to seem weak :p

I'm wondering just how much I've been holding myself back this last year at the old place
Two big PBs in two weeks... I'd say you've been holding back fairly extensively!
Second day of Kort 3x3

Squat 7x5x132.5kg huge progress here, best squats in months. I may be finally defeating my ankle... All sets super quick, almost as if there was nothing on the bar. Hit depth without the usual tightness and did a couple of pauses at the bottom to drill in the good position. May have done 8 sets, I lost count...

Bench 7x6x80kg coming together very well. Still need to consciously activate certain things but that should come with time.

Deads 7x5x147.5kg tired by this point but these were nice

Pullups bwx10, +10kgx5, 15kgx5, 20kgx5, 25kgx5, 30kgx5 PB!

Mid/lower back is having to work hard, but so far it feels good.
Forgot to mention, I'm going to try and do all my deads double overhand for as long as possible. I haven't tested my grip in a long time, and considering I'm using fat bars at the moment it should get interesting at some point.

Oh, and I also have full on scabs on my back from squatting, kinda cool, kinda gonna be horrible squatting tomorrow!

Caporegime
Forgot to mention, I'm going to try and do all my deads double overhand for as long as possible. I haven't tested my grip in a long time, and considering I'm using fat bars at the moment it should get interesting at some point.

Oh, and I also have full on scabs on my back from squatting, kinda cool, kinda gonna be horrible squatting tomorrow!

I'm doing this, may as well stay double over hand until you break really.

Hah, scabs on your back? Do you rub yourself up and down the bar? :p

EDIT:

Just eaten dinner, nom nom, three chicken breast, practically a whole brocoli, and some cheese sauce, nom :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I would normally go to mixed grip for working sets or anything over 140kg, logic being that I need to train the grip I'll use in comp. Time for a change though!

No idea why, but some cheap bars (and the Eleiko at OUPLC) rub badly when I do more volume.

I'm now hungry, time to raid the fridge. Incidentally, I'm back below 90kg without really making any effort, good times! That might be partly due to Mr Kort and his stupid program though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom