*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I haven't posted on here for a while! So I've finally found my sweet spot for training, nutrition and supplements! Very happy now :).

I've only been doing this a few months. I started to bulk from December 1st and I plan to bulk until the end of March (4 months). Then I'm going to go on a 2 month cut during April & May and get some abs for my summer holiday :D.

I've been doing the Beginners Routine which is posted on BB.com. It's recommended for beginners to build strength & mass and involves a lot of compound movements and let me be honest it's amazing! I've increased strength in all my exercises and gained some solid mass, not a lot of mass as it's only been 2 months but still a good amount for me!

I'm 5'7 and 144 pounds now (4 pounds increase from December, not much fat gained thankfully). I've always been an extreme ectomorph and I haven't got a solid base so I'm quite weak but I don't really care what I lift compared to other people. I'm just aiming to get a aesthetic body.

Routine which I do 3 times a week:

1. Dumbbell Squats - 4 x 6
  2. Barbell Deadlift - 4 x 6
  3. Dumbbell Bench Press (2 incline & 2 flat press)
  4. Barbell Bent Over Row - 4 x 6
  5. Calf Raise - 4 x 6
  6. Seated Military Press - 4 x 6
  7. Barbell Bicep Curl - 4 x 6
  8. Crunches - 3 x 50

Then if I feel like I can push out more I'll do

1. Shrug - 2 x 6 -
  2. Dumbbell Flys - 2 x 6 -
  3. Hammer Curl - 2 x 6 -

My strength has increased gradually which I'm happy about and I feel so much more confident.

Supplements I take:

1. Green Tea Tablet
  2. Fish Oil Tablet (Omega 3/6/9)
  3. Multivitamin Tablet
  4. MyProtein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein (got 10kg left)
  5. USP Labs Jack3d Pre Workout Powder 250g Tropical Fruit Punch (Pre Workout)
  6. Optimum Creatine Powder 300g (Post Workout)

Nutrition:

3.2k calories on resting days (x3 a week)
3.7k calories on training days (x4 a week)

I used to have 2.7k calories a day on training days, then bumped the calories up another 1000 and I've seen a bigger increase in strength and muscle :D.

Sorry for the long post haha.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I do them so that when i'm at the top of the range of motion, my forearms are perpendicular to the floor and biceps are parallel to the floor. Get a good burn that way :D
That's not full ROM, you're not going all the way up! Chin over the bar without compromising your neck or head position.

Man of Honour
It's more a case of noticing what your body does to try and get stable.

Foot position, foot collapse, knee wobble, lower back extension...

Man of Honour
My right leg freaks out and does some crazy things, kind of like I realise my ankle can't move like it's supposed to just as I leave the ground :o:D

Soldato
Hah thanks but I'm not at that weight yet I'm afraid. :( I'm hovering at 170lbs at the moment so about 77kg. Got some way to go!

Ahhh i read it as 68 is your current weight.

Hmmm losing 10% BW will be tough, esp at the level you're at already. I think you and I are pretty similar in body composition, you're a bit lower BF than me. I know how tough i'm finding it at the moment trying to get the lifts up and the BF down.

If you can keep the muscle and get to your target you'll be pure beastly!

Man of Honour
Caporegime

Well, all three i'm terrible.

1st one, I can do it, but it's a struggle, upon landing both feet point out, right one points out further (probably due to the collapsing etc)

2nd one, haha! Almost impossible, my legs don't even go underneath me, then go around my hips almost :o again, feet out otherwise i'd be SO unstable.

3rd one, didn't even get my feet over properly really :o

In general, feet point out, they also go 'around' as opposed to under my but. I also find it hard to even sit like that, very tight over the foot.

Man of Honour
It is extremely hard. I doubt we'll have anyone come back and say it was perfect. The only person who I've seen get close is my brother, but he's a ****.

Glad you did this Delvis, that actually helps with our mission. If you could film that at some point it would be useful, and feel free to send it to me privately if you don't want people to see excess flailing ;) (probably no worse than mine currently, serious)

First week of Kort 3x3 done. Didn't have time to do the full 8 sets on everything, but it all felt really good. Bench and deads were apparently more or less "perfect", woop!

Caporegime
It is extremely hard. I doubt we'll have anyone come back and say it was perfect. The only person who I've seen get close is my brother, but he's a ****.

Glad you did this Delvis, that actually helps with our mission. If you could film that at some point it would be useful, and feel free to send it to me privately if you don't want people to see excess flailing ;) (probably no worse than mine currently, serious)

Will try mo it tomorrow or sometihng man, remind me in the thread as well just incase :)

Associate
Ok somebody help me out here to make sure I'm not being an idiot

I'm just logging my diet for today and earlier on I got some four bean salad thing from sainsburys. The label says (per 100g): 101kcal; Protein 6.7g; Carbohydrate 6.2g; Fat 2.2g

Code:
Protein            6.7g      x4      =      26.8kcal
Carbohydrate       6.2g      x4      =      24.8kcal
Fat                2.2g      x9      =      19.8kcal
                                            -----------
                                            = [b]71.4kcal[/b]

Am I being a massive retard here or does the label on this thing not account for 30kcal per 100g? Yeah yeah I know its only 30 calories and in the scheme of things it doesnt matter in the slightest but if you're finicky about your macro split and log every gram of what you eat then its infuriating to have a bunch of mystery calories unaccounted for at the end of the day. Whats going on am I stupid or what

Man of Honour
That is strange, are you sure you didn't read the saturates instead of total fat or something similar?

They generally don't add up precisely because some rounding goes on, but it shouldn't be 30% wrong.

Soldato
Yo yo yo, got an update on the front squats for y'all:
(Around the 3rd rep, I realise Steedie would be frowning due to the speed, so I slowed down :D )

Great sesh this morning, notable lifts:
Front Squats: 75kg - 5x5
Pull Ups: 5x5
DB Bench: 28kg - 5x5
Power Cleans: 60kg - 2x5

Man of Honour
Only thing I will say, is you want to lean forward a bit more

Your body naturally wants to stay upright to stay balanced, but you put a lot more emphasis on your quads if you lean forward ever so slightly

You might be leaning forward there (hard to tell from the angle) but it looks like you aren't

Other than that, good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom