*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm fairly happy with my progress. Did a 80KG bench solo yesterday, fairly easily. Managed 110 four days or so ago, but had a spotter so was willing to take a risk :p

Only issue though - my favorite jeans no longer fit :(

kai

kai

Soldato
On a side note i have just found i won 2nd prize on the Facebook Page for PhD Nutrition.

2nd Prize, A tub of Synergy iso-7, creatine and a shaker goes to - Me :)

Link

Man of Honour
Really appreciate that ice, cheers mate. You're bang on about the knee wobble, have yet to get round to trying any of those stretches you've linked to previously, but I shall soon :)
No worries.

Those stretches will definitely help. Also, think about bracing your core harder, and really engaging your glutes on the way up. Some times consciously activating on the concentric causes better passive control on the eccentric.

Your elbows are high enough, but make sure they stay there as the weights progress.

Edit: Congrats Kai

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys, how dangerous would say it is to get around 3% b.f for a short period of time (circa 1month) if I can get down to that level at all?

For a month? Not good. I'm sure there's a reason pros don't sit at that level for more than a couple of days.

edit: 185.4lbs this morning. feelsbad seeing the scale dropping

Last edited:
Caporegime
/waits for captain Francais to turn up saying he's been drinking this for years :p

OhSnapBlackKid.gif

Caporegime
Current Macros before Dinner:

Cals:2437 Fat:113.6g Carbs:175.3g Protein:178.2g

Now, i'm gaining fat, most certainly, so shall I change anything up? Rather keep fat gain low...I can guarantee I have a fair whack of carbs for dinner.

I also need to add in the oats I put in my shakes (about 20g I believe)

Caporegime
I personally would strive to have more fat than carbs :)

My macros aren't calculated, it's just 'how they are' at the moment due to the increase in food I've been eating due to trying to bulk, even though I hate the idea as you know.

Can you elaborate why I would want to switch fat for carbs? Just so I understand

Soldato
It's all related to the carbs > insuline response theory, meaning the more carbs and insulin in your system, the more your body will store energy as fat.

Someone's welcome to correct me on that :)

Chris, why d'ya say that's impossible? :O

Caporegime
Better start eating those nuts..

Woops, forgot about those, I have a good 50g a day in salted penuts.

Heh, salted, its all I can afford atm.

Cals for those would be (Kcals/Prot/Carb/fat): 300/13.2/6.8/22

EDIT:
So, with the nuts added totals are:

Cals:2737 Fat:135.6g Carbs:182.1g Protein:191.4g

It's all related to the carbs > insuline response theory, meaning the more carbs and insulin in your system, the more your body will store energy as fat.

Thanks

Also read that article as well now, so thank you

Last edited:
Soldato

Yeah well don't forget insulin also causes triggers muscles to store blood sugar as glycogen which you need for exercise ;). The human body is one big balancing act.

Soldato
Oh totally agree, but this is why I'd plan to take my carbs post-workout to restore the glycogen stores, and attempt to taper them off in the evening (low/no carb in the eve). This way you get your recovery in but still maintain a decent fat:carb ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom