*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i've pulled out of my next comp. Was looking to be a bloody expensive weekend and I just don't have the money to spend on it right now.

So to make up for it, tomorrow we are heading to swindon for the day to play with their kit. They have the blocks that will be used at the comp (that im now not doing) and also a tyre challenge that Ben K is currently leading the board, that will screw my knees up properly!

Got sore shoulders today, did circus DB over head pressing last night. Shoulders don't hurt from the pressing, they hurt from the constant smashing of the DB on return to shoulder!

shaw_105kg_circus_d.jpg

Not quite as big as that, but similar and with sharper edges that could take your ear off and probably slice your throat if you get it wrong lol.
Handle is coke can thick.

Got up to 48kg on left and 58kg on right. Need more practice on it to help myself get over the fear of killing myself!
Technique was all wrong, was trying to press it too much when the exercise is more explosive leg work than shoulders. That will come with practice and so will the weight go up at the same time hopefully :)

http://vimeo.com/18070021

Not me in the vid, but this one shows the open endedness of the 'bell similar to ours.

Last edited:
I think this week is the first time I've seen our gym actually tidy. All the bars where they should be, all the discs put away properly! A lot of Army here at the moment and they tend to mess everything up, which doesn't help matters (no offense any of you squaddie ****s reading).

Quite a weird experience, the new PTI must be keen!

Last edited:
They unfortunately dump them anywhere at our place. A number of prats keep breaking them. The 50kgs were snapped last week and whilst I was just resting on a bench a guy walked up to the rack and pulled them off letting them drop straight to the floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom