*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had fun with shoulders last night:
Seated DB Shoulder Press (no back rest)
22kg 8x8x8 (That's what I wrote down but I thought I missed the last rep or two on the last set?!)

Push Press - really focusing on getting the hip drive to get the momentum going on the bar
60kg 2
50kg 4x4x4

Arnold Press
14kg 10x8x10

And then some cable work and shrugs, blah blah blah.

Did some Shoulder dislocations with a band before my work out and BRUTAL isn't the word. Need to start doing these every day I think. Did some with a pool cue when I got home as well :D

Do you ever get over the feeling of stomach bursting from drinking so much liquid?

kd

Yes, pee more often.

And he's back. :D It was as if Delvis set it up for you and you delivered...

I had been wondering what had happened - you were almost nice to Delvis for a week or two.

Didn't realise he was replying to me directly, but hey ho. As said, caution is fine, I've been cautious due to a previous injury.

Hardly. If you actually injured your back you might understand, sometimes I wish injurys on people. But of course, yours would be a 'real' injury, wouldn't it? ;) :p <3

Hardly. If you actually injured your back you might understand, sometimes I wish injurys on people. But of course, yours would be a 'real' injury, wouldn't it? ;) :p <3

I have major issues with my knees due to cartilage issues. I have horrible shoulder flexibility issues which can cause pain or discomfort in chest workouts as well as shoulder work outs. I've majorly pulled my back before on leg press of all things due to lack of flexibility.

It's not a lack of understanding at all, I'm sure most people who lift have sustained an injury at some point or another. But there are those that let it hold them back and complain about it on an Internet forum whilst playing the victim card (as per your post I quoted), or there's those that grin and bear it and grind on!

I voice my thoughts, apologies.

At the end of the day mate, I screwed my back up and I couldn't walk properly. So I stopped working out for a bit to heal myself.

Since then, I get pains sitting down in my chair, let alone squatting and deadlifting :p

Anyway, I've made some good progress over the last couple of months, and it's nice to see that people have noticed and given encouragement there.

Hey guys, been reading this thread the last week-ish as I've started training again as of Monday.

Back on SL 5x5, I stopped training about 10 months ago. My best lifts were 125kg Squat, 130kg DL, 82.5kg Bench, 52.5kg OHP. All for 5x5 except DL which is 1x5, at a BW of 75kg (at the time, lost a lot of weight while not training...). Not impressive by any means but I was happy with the progress as I hadn't been training long!

Obviously i've had to drop it down a lot after my long break, so decided to just start easy at 50kg on the Squat, 60kg DL, 40kg Bench/Rows and 25kg on the OHP.

I'm sure these will be moving up steadily though, I really wish i'd never stopped training, so this time I won't!

Might start up a log here for motivation.

Hey guys, been reading this thread the last week-ish as I've started training again as of Monday.

Back on SL 5x5, I stopped training about 10 months ago. My best lifts were 125kg Squat, 130kg DL, 82.5kg Bench, 52.5kg OHP. All for 5x5 except DL which is 1x5, at a BW of 75kg (at the time, lost a lot of weight while not training...). Not impressive by any means but I was happy with the progress as I hadn't been training long!

Obviously i've had to drop it down a lot after my long break, so decided to just start easy at 50kg on the Squat, 60kg DL, 40kg Bench/Rows and 25kg on the OHP.

I'm sure these will be moving up steadily though, I really wish i'd never stopped training, so this time I won't!

Just stick at it mate, you'll soon get the numbers up :)

I'm in a similar place although I've only been out for about 5 months, first session back last night and my numbers were not good but there you go.
Stick at it and they should shoot back up in no time :)

Yeah thanks guys, will defo get them lifts moving up :)

Good luck with your training again then tom, you got much DOMS today from your first session? I was in agony yesterday! Could barely walk haha.

Yeah thanks guys, will defo get them lifts moving up :)

Good luck with your training again then tom, you got much DOMS today from your first session? I was in agony yesterday! Could barely walk haha.

Yeah definitely feeling it this morning, it normally really kicks in after about 48 hours for me though so tomorrow I'll be really suffering :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom