*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Late night training tonight. Will end up being about 30 mins late starting my fast :o Shock horror! Hope it doesn't screw up my cut :p
Taking my phone in the hope its quiet enough to take a pic in gym lighting :cool:

Associate
:o sorry! I should have said it was a little tricky. Perhaps tells you that you need more core training though ;)

Strong lifting btw!

Lol totally. I struggle to make the time for everything though! I used to do a core and stretch day, but that has turned into a purely stretching day now.

Soldato
Words cannot begin to describe the level of anger i am currently experiencing.

Gym was rammed. Like every piece of equipment in use with people standing waiting rammed. Waited 10 minutes for the squat rack because some old fat **** of a PT was getting her client to do quarter rep 7kg dumbell squats. Raged a little at her asking her to move but she wouldn't.

So i finally get doing squats, keeping it light at 60kg to keep my back in check, getting to the end of a long set when some stupid **** squeezes past and clips the end of the bar twisting me sideways. I racked it and for the first time in my life actually squared up to someone. I swear to god i would have pummelled him to the ground if some guy hadn't stopped me.

I guess i was running on high on adrenaline because i finished up my legs, did a bit of chest and came home, now i cant sit or stand comfortably. The best thing to do is kneel at my desk with my glutes engaged hard.

So bad enough my back was already slightly messed up i guess now it's even more so. Arms only for the rest of the week.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad:

Man of Honour
I racked it and for the first time in my life actually squared up to someone. I swear to god i would have pummelled him to the ground if some guy hadn't stopped me.

And people wonder why bodybuilders have a reputation for being aggressive... :p

Joking apart I know it's hugely irritating to have someone push past you, not to mention unsafe so I hope that you feel much better after a sleep and that it hasn't seriously impacted on your back. Might a relaxing bath help? I don't know if the result is mainly psychosomatic or not but I usually find it a good option if I'm feeling a bit tired/sore.

Soldato
I remember icecold saying his brother has a niggling injury caused by someone knocking the bar whilst he was deadlifting, so I always give people a wide berth when they're
lifting, even if they're doing some in a gimpy place. Hope your back's okay man.

Must say I'm a lower, not a fighter, but I hope that put the fear of God up the guy who nudged you, and he'll think twice when walking past someone lifting before he causes a serious injury :/

Soldato
Take it easy man :( See how you feel tomorrow and where the pain is after a nights sleep, will hopefully be able to sort something out.
Hopefully
And people wonder why bodybuilders have a reputation for being aggressive... :p

Joking apart I know it's hugely irritating to have someone push past you, not to mention unsafe so I hope that you feel much better after a sleep and that it hasn't seriously impacted on your back. Might a relaxing bath help? I don't know if the result is mainly psychosomatic or not but I usually find it a good option if I'm feeling a bit tired/sore.
Roid raging it up :D We dont have a bath, might go sit in the shower though
Bad times mate :(
Time to change gyms?
Only gym nearby. It's pretty much perfect really except its never consistent with when its busy. Well and quite a few idiots, but i can normally ignore that/
Must say I'm a lower, not a fighter, but I hope that put the fear of God up the guy who nudged you, and he'll think twice when walking past someone lifting before he causes a serious injury :/
Im not a fighter either :p Only ever been in one in like year 7 lol. Was one notch off a black belt in taekwondo when i broke my ankle though, yet to use it :p

I tell you what though if i could have pure adrenaline surging through my veins for every workout it would be epic :D

Associate
Im looking to get some decent omega 3, and glucosamine sulphate.

Where does everyone get theirs from - and whats the best kind?

I've been getting them from tesco up to now, and im not sure if its the best quality.

Associate
They were measuring changes in joint space and joint pain which is what many of the sellers claim it can reduce- the subjects were chosen because they exhibit joint pain.

If you think it's worthwhile purchase based on other studies then go for it but based on what I've read id rather spend my cash on supplements with more substantial evidence.

Caporegime
Hopefully

Roid raging it up :D We dont have a bath, might go sit in the shower though

Only gym nearby. It's pretty much perfect really except its never consistent with when its busy. Well and quite a few idiots, but i can normally ignore that/

Im not a fighter either :p Only ever been in one in like year 7 lol. Was one notch off a black belt in taekwondo when i broke my ankle though, yet to use it :p

I tell you what though if i could have pure adrenaline surging through my veins for every workout it would be epic :D

How you feeling then buddy?

I still don't understand why someone was so close to you? Are you able to tell us where the rack is etc and whats around it / use your paint.net skills? :p

If it's really cramped, I'd be tempted to tell the owner really.

Caporegime
Leg Day
Squats:
1 x 10 x Bar
3 x 8 x 45KG

Reverse Lunge:
3 x 8 x 17.5KG (per hand)

These are become redonkulous now, my leg keeps collapsing on the way down and I can't get back up :o, also doing 8 reps on each leg. Not sure what to do with these now? Shall I up the weight again or change the reps/sets?

RDL:
3 x 8 x 40KG

These are getting difficult in the grip sense, forearms are burning by the sixth rep each time.

BB Front Raise:
3 x 8 x 7.5KG

Super setted with

Calve Raise:
3 x 15 x 47.5KG

Tried the front raises with 7.5KG yesterday, form is 'okay', so not sure if I should leave it at five for a bit? Or keep hammering 7.5KG and hope things get better with strength increase....

HC2PP:
3 x 8 x Bar :)o)

Caporegime
Why are you going so light on the squats?
Try a big of chalk for the RDL, but forearm pump is good :)

I've been working up, my max is 65/70kg I think, so there wasn't much point starting a new program so close to my 1RM.

:)

EDIT: Thanks for the chalk tip, may have to get some, I've not dropped the bar yet mind :o

Theres something wrong with my legs I think, they're just naff :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As we discussed on FB matey, included links if you weren't sure on form

Side Raises
1x 15 (2kg or something just to get some blood in there)
3x 10

Lying Rear Delt Row
3x 12

Barbell Front Raises
4x 8

One Arm Side Raises (Negative)
3x 10
With this one, power up to the top, still keeping strong form, hold it at the top for a second then come down as slow as you can

That should give you no problems with your shoulder, you can build strength up in it then we can slowly introduce some pressing movements later on

Caporegime
As we discussed on FB matey, included links if you weren't sure on form

Side Raises
1x 15 (2kg or something just to get some blood in there)
3x 10

Lying Rear Delt Row
3x 12

Barbell Front Raises
4x 8

One Arm Side Raises (Negative)
3x 10
With this one, power up to the top, still keeping strong form, hold it at the top for a second then come down as slow as you can

That should give you no problems with your shoulder, you can build strength up in it then we can slowly introduce some pressing movements later on

Thanks dude, will check everything out...

I'm going to have to look at my routine, I can;t fit everything in to a 3 day split :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom