*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering why my setup during heavy squats felt awkward....tonight I weighed my plates and got my answer.

One of the "20s" weighs 24.5kg.... I've contacted strengthshop.co.uk on their facebook page to see if they'll replace it. At almost 25% over the stated weight it's a bit of a joke.

In brighter news it does put my squat PBs 4.5kg higher... :D
If that was me I'd stick a 5kg plate on the other side and enjoy the fact I got a 25kg plate for the price of a 20kg :)
you are sending back a weight cos its too heavy....on the plus side maybe they will send you a vagina and then you can totally replace your genitals
The truth :D

If that was me I'd stick a 5kg plate on the other side and enjoy the fact I got a 25kg plate for the price of a 20kg :)

You've got to wonder about the quality control if they're shipping weights that aren't right though - it'd be less of a problem if they were all that much over though, it must feel a bit odd when your bar is slightly overweight at one side and you're sure you've only put a 20kg on each side.

you are sending back a weight cos its too heavy....on the plus side maybe they will send you a vagina and then you can totally replace your genitals

Big man on a internet forum. How about you stick an extra 5kg to one side of your lifts and see how much it can hinder your setup/risk injury. Your spine won't be thanking you. Though with the juice you're on you'll likely just grow freakily on one side.

I'm sending back a plate because it's uneven and unacceptable.

Last edited:
MargaretCho.jpg

Hahaha, Can't believe THIS !!!! been dieting for close to 6 weeks for magazine publication shoot only to be told Saturday morning the shoot was cancelled due to issues out of their control. Annoyed and upset go home and destroy stupid amounts of food all weekend.

Best thing i get phone call this morning, issues have not resolved please turn up on set tomorrow morning. Got to see the funny side of it, my own fault but look like a beached Whale. The ab shots are going to be interesting....... (when you are ready, tense! i am, i am!!!

Last edited:
Beached whale :p

Get some vit c tablets down your neck all day, plenty of spinach and aspargus. Drop water from about 3pm to 1l for the rest of the day. But keep eating carbs.

If you keep eating decent carbs while cutting water, your body will dry up pretty damn quick. Problem solved

I've been wondering why my setup during heavy squats felt awkward....tonight I weighed my plates and got my answer.

One of the "20s" weighs 24.5kg.... I've contacted strengthshop.co.uk on their facebook page to see if they'll replace it. At almost 25% over the stated weight it's a bit of a joke.

In brighter news it does put my squat PBs 4.5kg higher... :D

Aren't SS plates stupidly expensive too?

Really happy right now, smashed my PB for both DB Chest Press and BB Tricep press:

DB Chest Press
18Kg x 12 (warmup)
30Kg x 10
34Kg x 8
38Kg x 7
40Kg x 7 :) (by way of comparison, 2.5 months ago I could barely lift a rep of 32kg!!!)

Decline DB Press
30 x 10 x 2
34 x 8 (could have gone higher on this but wanted to save energy for BB tricep press)

Closegrip BB Tricep Press
50kg x 12
60kg x 10
70kg x 7
70kg x 8

Then ended with the usual DB flies, tricep cable pull down, tricep bench dip.

That's my standard Chest 'n Tricep session. Anyone got any ideas how to improve it?

Last edited:
You boys spam too much in here to keep up with it all :)
The spelling, well that just makes you look dumb as opposed to being humorous :D

There is a certain irony to an intellectualized quote that is misspelt. It really wouldn't matter to me if the whole 'internets thought i was a roid raging arrogant malcontent who cant spell. In my opinion everyone online, give or take, is too busy trying to find a name that explains just how hard and or clever they are, whilst simultaneously trawling for compliments and faux social fulfillment. Me? I got my name off of a graphics card box and i couldnt give two hoots what anyone thinks about me. Funny thing is all the guys on here who, one way or another, seem to like me, are the ones i like aswell, funny that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom