*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we're all talking PBs I'll go too!

Not done much axle press lately, been concentrating on log as all our comps have been log rather than axle.

All clean first rep only. Where reps its drop to chest and the accepting of the bar is the start of push press. Trying to force myself to not rack the bar with straight legs and actually make myself push press properly.

40kg warmup x 10
60x10
80x5
80x5
90x3
100x3
110x1 PB
90x5
90x5
90x5

Out of time for anything else, Monday's are always a pain to train as have to drop / pick up my boy from trampolining. So can only train between then.

Chest is raw now, continental cleans kill my upper rib cage!!

Need a new pair of gloves, mine stink!

I've been using these for years...

41ayzOm5ZxL._SS400_.jpg

Anyone recommend anything that isnt too expensive?

Grow moar pecs morbs for protection!

Awesome lifting, am i assuming those are PP tho? with thick handle?

Much power!

Yeah push press. My recent mobility work is really helping my knee tendonitis.
A few more weeks of trying normal pressing properly and I'll add 10kg to that.

Delvis - I thought you were gonna rise like a Phoenix from the flames with that 3rd squat! I was like "depth yes!" "wait, he's racking it :(" lol

Do it bare chested so you can grow some callouses on your chest.

Very strong Morba!

I had a tshirt over a vest and im still red raw lol.

UE - about same thickness as a scaffold pole. Which you can use tbh, just use 2 sets of clamps on a 7' scaffold pole - axle :D (just with plates it will be a little different in that the bulk of the weight will spin making cleaning easier)

Friday, Friday, gotta get squats on Friday......
Back Squat
20kg 8
60kg 8
80kg 12
100kg 10
110kg 6 x 6 x 6
80kg 10 x 10
60kg 12

Fun little squatting session. Supersetted some wide stance leg press with narrow stance afterwards, quads were dead for days. Feelsgoodbrah.

Shoulders last night
BB OHP
42.5kg 10 x 8 x 7

Push Press
60kg 3 x 3 x 3

and then just arnies, BB front raises, cable side raises and shrugs. Was good fun though. Been doing a lot of shoulder dislocations lately, and they've made the world of difference to my shoulder and chest routines. Been getting sharp pains in my shoulder complex doing dips lately, all gone now I've started stretching it all out.

And on another positive note, got a consultancy at the hospital on 5th December for my gyno surgery. Now I don't think it's a certainty I'll get the surgery yet; from what I understand that is decided at the hospital rather than the GP who refers you on. But either way, it's going forwards and I'm confident I can get referred on.

You could've got up on that last rep, your legs aren't shaking and your not being sick! Smashing effort though :)

Boring but big is bloody horrible! :/

Meh, I'm happy with how it went considering its the first time I've gone past 85kg, and the first time I hit 85kg was last week.

BBB is sickening, good though.

This new pause height is the best way I've found to burst blood vessels in and around the eyes.

:D

Unless you are delvis and then it just isnt heavy enough.

How very grown up of you.

Delvis - I thought you were gonna rise like a Phoenix from the flames with that 3rd squat! I was like "depth yes!" "wait, he's racking it :(" lol

Hah! :) That's my weak spot, it is pretty much where I will always fail.

Any pointers on improving that? Or just work on squat depth and it will come along?

Nice work! Lovely squats matey.

Also hope the consultancy goes well :)

And on another positive note, got a consultancy at the hospital on 5th December for my gyno surgery. Now I don't think it's a certainty I'll get the surgery yet; from what I understand that is decided at the hospital rather than the GP who refers you on. But either way, it's going forwards and I'm confident I can get referred on.

Nice session! Regarding the consultancy, you go hospital, they talk to you about it, have a look at the problem and then send you to get photo's taken for them to look at and consider if you can get it :)

Good luck btw!

I'm up for that, is it BDFPA?

It's GBPF. It's the better fed to compete in because it is properly affiliated with the official international one. It will be pretty much the same as the one we have just done and both Ice and I came away saying it was the best run comp that we have been to, and there is a not too shabby all you can eat 5 mins away :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom