*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks good.

Awesome, cheers.

Didn't think I was doing too much. Some of the articles I've read say to only do the main workout on BBB. I have too much energy after it. I feel the BBB part to be too light till the last set even then I know I could go heavier.

Though rather than increasing the weight, I am adding a 2~ pause on every rep.

I really dislike the concept of BBB. It seems to be very similar to the crossfit view of training effect; if you're fatigued enough, it must be doing something good, right? RIGHT?

I don't think so.

Edit: It's not as if I avoid crazy volume/intensity either, I just think BBB is bad programming. Cookie cutter, one-size-fits-all programming for the masses gone mad.

Doing some other assistance exercises makes much more sense IMO.

Last edited:
50%, what it says on the spreadsheet pretty much.

To be fair, I done 60kgs 5x10 squats yesterday I was in pain during that (legs shaking, worrying about getting back up pain) and first time I've had this kind of leg doms in a while.

Shall see how deads go on Thursday! Loving it, such a great programme. Had two people laugh at it
confused.gif

Hello all, I'm looking for some advice and I'm thinking this might be the place to ask.

I'm paying £50 a month for a gym membership. I only usually use the dumbells/barbells and benches. However due to work I can only really get there at peak times which means waiting around for equipment etc.

I'm thinking of spending £300 or so to get some stuff to use at home - would this be a reasonable amount to get something? (Im not lifting massive weights)

Also does anyone know if it is possible to cancel gym memberships at Bannatynes before 12 months?

Cheers!

There's usually good 2nd hand deals on t'Bay if you're able to collect. Load of free weights, bench and Oly bar won't be a problem... need space for a rack ideally but you can get away with squat stands and height adjustable builder's trestles to use as spotters.

50/m = £600 a year. Why not just fork out £600 instead ;)

Just teasing. As long as you have the space for it then I don't see the issue. However, progressing will be the key.

The main exercises you want to be able to do are:

Squats
Chins/Pull ups
Bench
BORs
OHP

Then single leg/arm movements for stability enhancements.

So as long as you have the space for it and enough weight to keep your progressing initially then I don't see why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom