*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not stupid no. But if you are getting issues with it then I'd be inclined to look at the situation and play around with sets/reps and your form.

I can't do much over 6 reps without aggravating my back problem.

Deadlifts: Am I stupid trying to do 5X5 with them? Recently my lower back is starting to hurt (form no doubt) is it best/safe just to do one set of 5 as iv seen this being implemented in a lot of routines??

You've seen a single set of 5 deadlifts in somebody's routine on here?

Unless they're training for something very specific, or are already awesome, then I doubt that very much.

If you're having problems, then it's because your form has problems.

Lower back problems in a deadlift is usually caused by 'pulling' the weight from the floor, rather than 'pushing' the weight away from the floor with your legs.

course it is :p

ps. I seem to have issues on returning the weights to the floor not lifting them, Gonna have to watch more videos of correct form - because I still cant figure out what im doing wrong.

You're lowering the weight with your back, rather than your hips.

I used to have problems with this, too. MAke sure you concentrate on keeping your shoulders and chin up as you fold from the hips.

You've seen a single set of 5 deadlifts in somebody's routine on here?

Unless they're training for something very specific, or are already awesome, then I doubt that very much.

If you're having problems, then it's because your form has problems.

Strong lifts 5x5 puts you down as doing 1x5 for dead lifts. No more, no less. People tend to go over/below it, but yeah, the official program says only one set of five reps.

But this will be a useful lesson on dead lifts, I should definitely check my form, considering the current lower back feeling.

kd

Last edited:
Strong lifts 5x5 puts you down as doing 1x5 for dead lifts. No more, no less. People tend to go over/below it, but yeah, the official program says only one set of five reps.

But this will be a useful lesson on dead lifts, I should definitely check my form, considering the current lower back feeling.

kd

If that's the case, I stand corrected. I go off what I see on here...

That doesn't mean I think 1x5 is sensible, however. :)

Get outside!!!! You're ****ed when your half way in. You can stop but you still have to get back.

I've started mountain biking, which is awesome fun and good cardio.

Not where I run. Work is on a circular road industrial estate (~1mile) and I run in even numebr circuits, so half way round is back at the office :D:D:D:D

Plus it's normally -49 up here with driving rain. Screw that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom