Caporegime
Nice lifting Morgoth :)

Back day today:

Deadlifts:
1 x 10 x 60KG
1 x 2 x 65KG
1 x 1 x 70KG
3 x 8 x 75KG

These we're awesome today, just seemed to work, I have a video, and i'll throw it up later, not the best of form as it was the final one after the working set :o

SAR:
3 x 8 x 25KG

BOR:
3 x 8 x 32.5KG

Then decided to finish with two sets of complexes using the bar, 6 reps on first set, 5 reps on second set:

Deadlift, RDL, BOR, Power Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Good mornings.

Mental note, I suck at front squats (my arms just do not bend that way, can't lift my elbows up) and good mornings are just odd.

Then went home, faffed around, did 2x2 wide grip pull ups, then two pull-ups :o

Soldato
Nice lifting Morgoth :)

Back day today:

Deadlifts:
1 x 10 x 60KG
1 x 2 x 65KG
1 x 1 x 70KG
3 x 8 x 75KG

These we're awesome today, just seemed to work, I have a video, and i'll throw it up later, not the best of form as it was the final one after the working set :o

-Edit- Nevermind, the other place does Free Delivery on their order :(

SAR:
3 x 8 x 25KG

BOR:
3 x 8 x 32.5KG

Then decided to finish with two sets of complexes using the bar, 6 reps on first set, 5 reps on second set:

Deadlift, RDL, BOR, Power Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Good mornings.

Mental note, I suck at front squats (my arms just do not bend that way, can't lift my elbows up) and good mornings are just odd.

Then went home, faffed around, did 2x2 wide grip pull ups, then two pull-ups :o

I know how you feel on the Front Squat, I just cant get my arms to bend that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Folks doing 1RM - how do you fit it into your regular routine? Is it something you squeeze in after? I was wondering how I should fit it into stronglifts to test myself - I've done a few 1RM on Deadlifts but I figured it's a bit pointless doing it after a 5x5

Soldato
i'm planning on SL5x5 and planning a 1RM week in about a month where i do all my normal warmup sets, a short set at my normal workweight and then try something big

Caporegime
Mixed session for me. Deadlifts are getting easier each week even though I'm upping the weight (extra posterior chain work is paying off) but my grip sucks and I'm putting on weight which is making BW exercises a bitch :mad:

Deficit DOH Deadlifts

105 x 5
120 x 5
135 x 5
150 x 5
165 x 5 (Grip started to go on the last rep)

Speed Bench
90 x 8 x 3

GHR's
BW x 3 x 8

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
40's x 3 x 8

Pull Ups
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 4

Static Holds
50's x 45 seconds
50's x 40 seconds
50's x 39 seconds (Used to be able to manage over 1 minute 30 seconds with ease.)

Soldato
Delvis, you seem to do a lot of reps with a % not far from your working set. Personally I'd be doing 40kg for 10, then 50 for 5, 60 for 2, then hit working sets.

Man of Honour
Had a rest day...

LOADS of soft tissue work, stretching and crazy looking warm ups. Then:

Pullups bwx5, bw+10x5, bw+20x5, bw+30x5, bw+35x5, bw+40x1, bw+45x1 1.5xbw pullups!

Leg press went up to something around 300kg for 5, ran out of plates, confused myself, went lighter and did various rep ranges with different foot positions. Nothing too heavy.

Cable row 120kgx12x2 with a short rest

Overhead lunge 15kgx8 kind of a warm down

Soldato
Had a rest day...

LOADS of soft tissue work, stretching and crazy looking warm ups. Then:

Pullups bwx5, bw+10x5, bw+20x5, bw+30x5, bw+35x5, bw+40x1, bw+45x1 1.5xbw pullups!

Leg press went up to something around 300kg for 5, ran out of plates, confused myself, went lighter and did various rep ranges with different foot positions. Nothing too heavy.

Cable row 120kgx12x2 with a short rest

Overhead lunge 15kgx8 kind of a warm down

Thats a rest day?! :eek:

Caporegime
Delvis, you seem to do a lot of reps with a % not far from your working set. Personally I'd be doing 40kg for 10, then 50 for 5, 60 for 2, then hit working sets.

Oh okay.

I just find 40KG to not do anything, 60KG seems a nice weight to warm up on...?

The only reason I then do the lower reps towards the working set is so it's not so much of a shocker :p If I was to jump from 60KG to 75KG I'd be like 'what the hell was that' :D

I'll give it a go next week, any reason for doing so or? :)

Soldato
Delvis, just for the fact that you'll be tiring yourself out before you get to your working set :) you might not feel like you have, but it could be the difference between an easy set of 3x8 at 80kg, or a tiring 3x8 :)

Just spent a couple of hours wall climbing with a friend, and my back, arms and forearms are in tatters! Deadlifts on Monday will be interesting :D

Caporegime
I've gotten to 56kg on the squat now with SL5x5 which is my bodyweight. That was damn hard and it's not even considered strong!

This weightlifting is a bit tough going, eh? :D

You weigh 56kg?!?!

What gym do you use if you don't mind me asking? I used to use the one at craigshill but I can't remember if it has a squat rack in it.

I want a payg service for the limited time I'm home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom