*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Killer session this morning, really took it out of me.
Front Squats: 5x5x5x5x5 @ 80kg. Felt good and strong, although slow towards the end. Maybe I'll be good for 90kg.

Pull Ups: 5x5x5x3x3 @ 5kg. First time I've ever done weighted pull ups so quite chuffed with this even tho not all the reps were there!

DB Bench Press: 5x5x3 @ 30kg. After my blinding success of 5x5 on 28kg, I was intrigued as to how well this would go. I actually failed my first rep! But that's because I wasn't expecting the weight difference to be so extreme! After I readjusted, I got the reps out alright. Finished off 2 sets of 4 and 3 @ 28kg

Couple of sets of Power Cleans @ 60kg and 65kg after :)

Man of Honour
Feeling strong this morning, just about to head to the gym for a whatever I'm feeling session before I go back to a PPL split next week.
Either I'll break or the gym will!

Man of Honour
It's a sprain unfortunately, nothing can be done to fix it. Other than rest. However, nothing's stopping me from the gym. So I just take some pain killers before going to the gym if I know I'm going to be using my wrist. Yes, it's stupid, no you shouldn't do it, but meh. :p

Soldato
Killer session this morning, really took it out of me.
Front Squats: 5x5x5x5x5 @ 80kg. Felt good and strong, although slow towards the end. Maybe I'll be good for 90kg.

Pull Ups: 5x5x5x3x3 @ 5kg. First time I've ever done weighted pull ups so quite chuffed with this even tho not all the reps were there!

DB Bench Press: 5x5x3 @ 30kg. After my blinding success of 5x5 on 28kg, I was intrigued as to how well this would go. I actually failed my first rep! But that's because I wasn't expecting the weight difference to be so extreme! After I readjusted, I got the reps out alright. Finished off 2 sets of 4 and 3 @ 28kg

Couple of sets of Power Cleans @ 60kg and 65kg after :)

Nice lifts :) How you finding the 5x5 routine?

Caporegime
Next week I'm having a bit of deload week concentrating mainly on mobility, core strength and technique/form improvements.

I can feel the 1RMs calling me - this year will be epic :cool:

I'm all edgey! I want to try some 1RM's but I guess I should keep pushing for a bit...

What I'd like to be able to do is do my 1RM's for reps...Then test my 1RM's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom