*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nice lifts :) How you finding the 5x5 routine?

Nice mate, I enjoy it, but then I love full body work outs. Although I'm hankering after some iso work, i enjoy being able to stick some Power Cleans in at the end of a session.

My SL routine actually looks like:
A:
Front Squat
Pull Ups
Barbell Front Raises
DB Bench Press
Power Cleans

B:
Front Squat
Deadlift
Military Press
Dips
Side Raises -OR- Power Cleans -OR- Shrugs

So a tad different to a normal one, but I feel my chest and tris are lagging, hence the DB Bench and Dips included on alternate days on my routine.

Soldato
Nice mate, I enjoy it, but then I love full body work outs. Although I'm hankering after some iso work, i enjoy being able to stick some Power Cleans in at the end of a session.

My SL routine actually looks like:
A:
Front Squat
Pull Ups
Barbell Front Raises
DB Bench Press
Power Cleans

B:
Front Squat
Deadlift
Military Press
Dips
Side Raises -OR- Power Cleans -OR- Shrugs

So a tad different to a normal one, but I feel my chest and tris are lagging, hence the DB Bench and Dips included on alternate days on my routine.

Mines basically then normal workouts with Power Cleans added on to Workout A and Upright Rows for Workout B, although looking at front raises, I may subsitute upright row for them. Quite enjoying squatting 3 times a week, but I bet I wont be saying that once I get in to triple figures haha.

Man of Honour
Bleugh, Kort is kicking my arse! It's like doing a less intense Smolov, but on everything. My appetite has rocketed and I'm struggling not to eat. My adductors/medial hams are constantly fried and my back has never been worked this hard. On the plus side, my back feels really strong and deads and bench have never felt this good. Squats are slightly trickier, I find that if I've been doing a lot of walking my ankle is a little stiffer so I have to mobilise it quite aggressively before I start otherwise I get pulled out of position. Last two squat sessions weren't as fast as I'd like, mostly because the prime movers are constantly recovering! I'm glad I reduced the max squat figure I used in the programme.

I'm predicting fairly decent PB increases from this, although I may have to wait for my ankle to catch up to see this fully expressed in my squat.

Man of Honour
Well I reckon I can do more than 1 rep of 170, it felt comfortable, just my lower back was so pumped from the few sets before that it wasn't sensible. Still, next week! Last week I did 3 reps of 160 which was my PB, but then this week I did a full set of 8 reps of 160

I've just found my confidence with deadlifting now, I know I can do it, so I'm not afraid to try going heavier, and I keep surprising myself

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Well I reckon I can do more than 1 rep of 170, it felt comfortable, just my lower back was so pumped from the few sets before that it wasn't sensible. Still, next week! Last week I did 3 reps of 160 which was my PB, but then this week I did a full set of 8 reps of 160

I've just found my confidence with deadlifting now, I know I can do it, so I'm not afraid to try going heavier, and I keep surprising myself

I think you're good for 200kg no problem.

Nice work Steedie boy!!!!

All you people doing PB's/1RM's is making me want to do them :(

Savour it, your time will come.

Soldato
Decent shoulder session, although i could feel my back when picking up my 25kg dumbells for shoulder press :mad: Gonna murder it with the hockey ball tonight.

Not gonna be doing DLs/squats for some time i fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom