*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Delvis, just for the fact that you'll be tiring yourself out before you get to your working set :) you might not feel like you have, but it could be the difference between an easy set of 3x8 at 80kg, or a tiring 3x8 :)

Just spent a couple of hours wall climbing with a friend, and my back, arms and forearms are in tatters! Deadlifts on Monday will be interesting :D

Cheers Monkey-doodle

Will drop it as you suggested, see what happens...I'm just used to doing it like that really...Also the Olympic 10kg plates aren't as big as the 20's :(...I'd have to use the standard bar with 20's on it then change to the olympic bar, bit of a faff, or I just use the olympic bar and raise the weights.

Soldato
You can either:
Stick a couple of plates down on the floor to rest the bar on to gain some extra height.
-OR-
Simply don't return the bar to the ground (which is what I tend to do). Seeing as you're not lifting anywhere near your working sets, I don't see the importance of returning the bar to the ground for each rep on your warm up.

Caporegime
Aye thanks guys.

I wouldn't personally hold on to the bar, even if it is a low weight really (40KG), that'd just pump my lower back too much :p

Loved the complexes I did though, felt like crying :o

Soldato
Aye thanks guys.

I wouldn't personally hold on to the bar, even if it is a low weight really (40KG), that'd just pump my lower back too much :p

Loved the complexes I did though, felt like crying :o

Was it the cosgrove complexes? I love doing them, they're light weights, but damn do they make you want to 'cry' like it says.

There is a version 2 of them somewhere, just need to find the link again.

-Edit- Found it.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...e/complexes_20_optimize_your_fatloss_workouts

Soldato
You weigh 56kg?!?!

What gym do you use if you don't mind me asking? I used to use the one at craigshill but I can't remember if it has a squat rack in it.

I want a payg service for the limited time I'm home.

I have my own equipment. I'm starting to find myself getting limited now though, I didn't get an Olympic bar so when I'm deadlifting I'm having to tie plates to the middle of the bar because the ends are full.

Soldato
Quick question for you guys... How often do you all do cardio? I'm currently on week 2 of Stronglifts 5x5 and loving the progression and form improvements from starting with just the bar, but I feel because I'm lifting fairly light still that I need to do some cardio.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
Quick question for you guys... How often do you all do cardio? I'm currently on week 2 of Stronglifts 5x5 and loving the progression and form improvements from starting with just the bar, but I feel because I'm lifting fairly light still that I need to do some cardio.

Any thoughts?

Only cardio that I do (well comes close) is Complexes:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...cardio_four_complexes_for_a_shredded_physique

Although, the Girlfriend is getting a treadmill, so will probably jump on that for HIIT.

Caporegime
Was it the cosgrove complexes? I love doing them, they're light weights, but damn do they make you want to 'cry' like it says.

There is a version 2 of them somewhere, just need to find the link again.

-Edit- Found it.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...e/complexes_20_optimize_your_fatloss_workouts

Aye I believe it was the cosgrove complex, it was just the front squats and good mornings I had issues with...Front squats due to lack of mobility in my arms, and good mornings because the bar wanted to roll off my neck :o...Must have gone too low?

Caporegime
need to stop doing weights and focus on cardio for the next few weeks, basically my stamina is shot and i need to be able to run at a decent pace for 30 minutes without stopping, at this current state i could manage 10 minutes if im lucky, not done cardio in years because of my knee, but it is now fine.

going to do skipping in the back garden, jogging round the local woods and playing 5 a side hopefully at least once a week.

was thinking of maybe just buying a cheap bike to use indoors also, basically im going to go at it all guns blazing, constant cardio.

anyway to get to the point, i know cheap equipment is crap, but my budget is limited, already doing jogging and skipping which is free, but i want to be able to do something indoors too whilst watching tv.

anyone know of any decent bikes for under £500?

is this the best for my budget?

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-turbo-light-commercial-indoor-cycle.php

chances are one of you might know something about bikes, i dont have a clue

Man of Honour
Yesterdays workout:

Lots of rolling and mobility
Squat 8x5x137.5kg
Bench 8x6x82.5kg
Deadlift 8x5x152.5kg
Facepulls 3x15xsomething on the stack
More rolling

Everything was really fast, squats felt really good today. It seems that I need to mobilise my ankle before every session, and sometimes part way through as well. Was tired when I got to deads, but had enough time to do some accessory stuff.

That's the last session at 60%, onwards to 62%! Snore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom