*** The 2015 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Interested in hearing peoples thoughts on keeping tension on the muscle while benching or locking out arms at the top.

In what sense? To complete the lift to powerlifting standards the arms require locking out...

To maintain tension in the working muscles equates to more time under load, I.e greater hypertrophic potential...

What are you asking for?

Man of Honour
OP
Once I'm more comfortable with squats I'll give deadlifts ago.

25ui79t.jpg

Do them now :)

Soldato
Thanks for the replies guys.... I think I do have conflicting goal's.... Want to loose some chubs and get dem shreds but also want to get the lifts back to a decent level... I'll weigh myself and put some current pics on here.

You (and others) might find this guide useful in terms of productive goals based off your starthing point.

http://rippedbody.jp/physique-goal-setting-part-1/
http://rippedbody.jp/physique-goal-setting-part-2/
http://rippedbody.jp/physique-goal-setting-part-3/

Read all three!

Soldato
Thanks for the replies guys, Im sorry I cant post any videos as I don't have any. I woke up this morning and it was so difficult to get my boxers, trousers and socks on. Im seeing my doctor today, I hope they can give me something for the pain, and also do something that will sort my back out.

I would be gutted if I had to give up squats and deadlifts, im not sure how I can be doing something so wrong, because im not.

Man of Honour
I would be gutted if I had to give up squats and deadlifts, im not sure how I can be doing something so wrong, because im not.

You obviously are or you wouldn't be ending up in pain, now before you sit there and tell me your form is perfect so I'm talking rubbish.
Yes your form maybe text book perfect but it's obviously not perfect for your bio mechanics or there's some weakness somewhere that needs to be addressed.

Soldato
You obviously are or you wouldn't be ending up in pain, now before you sit there and tell me your form is perfect so I'm talking rubbish.
Yes your form maybe text book perfect but it's obviously not perfect for your bio mechanics or there's some weakness somewhere that needs to be addressed.

Just checked the form thread...I think theres a few things I need to improve.
I always thought you have the bar as close to your legs and drag it up your legs, it doesn't seem so.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Bit annoying that its my fault for not doing the two exercises correctly, im most probably gonna have to take off the majority of the weight off and start all over again.

First things first, is see doctor, rest till pain goes and then back in the gym. So maybe in about two weeks, ill be back in there :(

Well I have plenty of free time so ill be watching the above videos a lot. I don't have a bar at home, but is it something I can practice the movements with say a broom at home?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom