*** The 2019 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
Argh, still can't squat or deadlift with whatever's going on in my groin. Had my testicles checked out today and they're all fine (refers to my earlier post) but after going back to BJJ it's still playing up and deadlifting with just the bar caused my groin some discomfort.

I'll probably have to give it at least another couple of weeks. Any suggestions as to what I can do instead of squat to DL in the mean time? Something which basically doesn't require any sort of squatting movement.

Just stop and rest or just do upper body.

My groin has been fine over the weekend so I may try really light squats tonight to see how it goes.

Dude just rest up the area completely, fine for a weekend does not mean back to normal.

Soldato
I'm going to end up taking this week off due to some circumstances but thankfully not an injury. I'll just concentrate on mobility work at home and do plenty of bodyweight and kettlebell exercises. Will probably do my lower back some good and the hip joints as I noticed they have become a little tender.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Had a crack at the 50s today. First time in 6 years since my shoulder injury. It’s a ropey set but wanted to see how they felt. Short answer is, too heavy for now !

Soldato
Yeah don't press anything without them after last wrist injury. I've plateaued on 38kg for 4 weeks now, I'm putting it down to the calorie deficit but I know it's a poor excuse for not doing more supporting work around benching.

Man of Honour
I bought wrist straps, but glad I talked myself out of using them. My wrists are all the better for it.

That said, that is a decent press and good job getting them into and out of position.

Soldato
Absolutely nothing wrong with wrist straps being used. They are protection/prevention aid for your wrists, and make sense when loads get heavier.

Soldato
Had a crack at the 50s today. First time in 6 years since my shoulder injury. It’s a ropey set but wanted to see how they felt. Short answer is, too heavy for now !

This may be a silly question but, why is that too heavy for you? I mean, I know it depends what you're going for but to me they looked like solid reps.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
This may be a silly question but, why is that too heavy for you? I mean, I know it depends what you're going for but to me they looked like solid reps.

I was missing range at the bottom because if I went any lower they wouldn't come up :) I could also feel my shoulder struggling to stabilise the weight properly.

Back
Top Bottom