*** The 2019 Gym Rats Thread ***

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I joined a gym as i'm heinously unfit and weak.

I went Tuesday and used some of the machines as I'm a noob, think I overdid it on the curls because I can barely straighten my arms today.

Will have to take a look at the guides in the OP :)

Soldato
Hahaha that's what happens. Bicep curls won't do you any good if you're a beginner! I'm sure someone will weigh in to tell me otherwise, but it's the tricep that's the useful muscle, not the bicep Most people train them for aesthetics.

Soldato
I joined a gym as i'm heinously unfit and weak.

I went Tuesday and used some of the machines as I'm a noob, think I overdid it on the curls because I can barely straighten my arms today.

Will have to take a look at the guides in the OP :)
Well you just started, this is normal.
I would advise moving away from the machines though, even if your only lifting under 10kg (likely) its going to be better longterm that your learning through actual weights and not machine driven

Soldato
4 week nows, prior to that for the past few years 3-4 days a week.

Brother has a 4 month old, still trains 5 days a week.

Facts are facts, children and family life circumstances do make fitting in going to the gym harder, you've admitted this yourself.

Soldato
Anyone ever done something to their medial delt?

I was OHPing, and felt a sharp pain briefly. Like a boss I ignored it.
for the next week it was sore, both with little movements which would catch me offguard and if I poked it (because hey, why not poke sore bits?)

gave it some rest, probably not complete, but as good rest as I could.

now I wanted to get back into it, I thought I'd start SUPER slow, just lifting my arm for 15 with no weight..... today it's sensitive to pressure :(

Am I broke?
Is it time to suck it up and tell my physio I've been a **** and not come asap?

Man of Honour
Anyone ever done something to their medial delt?

I was OHPing, and felt a sharp pain briefly. Like a boss I ignored it.
for the next week it was sore, both with little movements which would catch me offguard and if I poked it (because hey, why not poke sore bits?)

gave it some rest, probably not complete, but as good rest as I could.

now I wanted to get back into it, I thought I'd start SUPER slow, just lifting my arm for 15 with no weight..... today it's sensitive to pressure :(

Am I broke?
Is it time to suck it up and tell my physio I've been a **** and not come asap?

Do you even rotator cuff?

Man of Honour
Hahaha that's what happens. Bicep curls won't do you any good if you're a beginner! I'm sure someone will weigh in to tell me otherwise, but it's the tricep that's the useful muscle, not the bicep Most people train them for aesthetics.

Useful for back exercises though.

I didn't do it at the time of original lifting,
But for the last 3ish weeks I've been doing some rotator cuff stuff with bands.
(Internal and external rotating from/to medial, the forward rotating 'hail cesar' motion)
It felt strong, like that had helped (maybe a mental factor of 'doing something about it')

Always always always do rotator cuff exercises. I do them almost daily.

Caporegime
I think you'll find anyone who has kids thinks they are the best thing ever, myself included.

It's also only a short term adjustment. I have a 3 year old and still train 5 days a week.

Whilst true for you, that isn't true for everyone.

We probably won't be having kids, of we do it'll just happen due to faulty hardware loool

Permabanned
Really struggling to reach my calorie surplus :(

Don't want to just fool back on mass gainer powders but it's hellishly difficult trying to eat 3000+ calories a day, not too mention expensive.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Really struggling to reach my calorie surplus :(

Don't want to just fool back on mass gainer powders but it's hellishly difficult trying to eat 3000+ calories a day, not too mention expensive.

Fats are your friend. Avocado, peanut butter and some nuts can easily add a ton of calories.

Back
Top Bottom