***The 2020 Gym Rats Thread*** ᕦ( ͠°◞ °)ᕥ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
PBs on OHP and row today. Not squatting is giving me progress on everything else as doing more of them but no doubt when I can squat again will be like my 9 year old daughters.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Gymshark are donating £5 to NHS (up to a total of 175k) for every sweaty selfie people post on social media with the hashtag #nhssweatyselfie

Should be easy for everyone here to do.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Ok guys, I've been doing 3 day split for almost 2 weeks now.

However, I've noticed my body not hurting as much now and I'm thinking I'm going too long not working out certain muscle groups.

It was Sunday when I did my chest/shoulders/biceps.
Tuesday back and triceps. Thursday legs and cardio.

I'm not feeling much pain anywhere now (except my butt and bit of legs) so I'm planning on doing biceps and shoulders again today.

Can some of you more experienced guys give me your input on this and also some split plans.

Associate
Reduced to body weight stuff at home and having real problems staying motivated and actually doing sets to failure. I've been bad at doing a couple sets and stopping, telling myself I'll come back and do it again hourly throughout the day.

Soldato
First day of pulling my finger out and actually doing my routine while in quarantine.
Still felt like a lazy approach, took too close to 2hrs haha.
Home gym space is still small and lacking equipment and half being used for DIY.
But glad it's there :p

Soldato
Something clicked two weeks back and since I had my motivation restored, I've been thinking up ways to make up for the lack of gym with what I have.

Yesterday I clipped one of my leg raised sleeves to a few of the cast iron weights and put it round my neck for chest dips in places of a chain. Centre of balance shifts forward making leaning for that chest angle easier. Now I can stack up a decent weight and push at a decline angle and funny thing is that the sleeves are more comfortable than the gym chains and also fit round my waist if I wanted to use them for dips focusing on triceps or to make pullups harder.

Dropped squats and deadlifts for barbell/DB lunges, split squats. My shoulders, tricep and biceps are fairly unaffected by home workout, just have to sub in the free weight equivalent for anything I use to do on cables.

In a way this whole thing has taught me how to train differently rather than half arsed. Use of bands with weights have given the body a different kind of shock. Stability exercises and core is getting a hammering. Body weight exercises building functional

With all day to focus on nailing nutrition, walking in the morning and training in the afternoon, i may finally get that summer body look in time for the second lockdown :p.

Soldato
Still finding it tough to stay motivated, still carrying on with my routine though (Day 1,Day 2,rest (with a run), repeat) but I know all I'm really doing is slowing my strength loss as opposed to progressing.

Soldato
Yeah I really can't replace the basic 5x5 with a single kettlebell.

One upside is that I think I am improving my mobility with larger volumes.

Soldato
Guessing no one knows where stand alone pull up bars are in stock? :o

I got one on ebay from Germany (fastens between 2 walls, no screws).

Trying to cut at the moment and struggling a bit. The whole working from home routine has messed up my blood sugar levels so any deficit is being made up with lucozade to stop hypos. Grr. Still very very slowly losing (about 100g a week at the mo). Going to bump down the calories a little more. Also the fact that I'm very sedentary at the moment means my maintenance calories are really low.

Soldato
Outdoor home gym is not so nice in this weather!

Manageable so long as it remains fairly mild. Under armour has been my friend in the wet for my morning walk and afternoon workout.

Been seeing small gyms locally selling up equipment. Not good :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'd love to be able to buy some equipment (at prices less than 6x mark up) currently!

It's possible you just need to keep an eye on things. I've bought an oly bar, rack, bumpers and dumbbells in the last week for RRP from a couple places (Mirafit, Powerhouse Fitness, Origin Fitness)

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I have adjustable Dumbbells can put upto 17.5kg on them each but not enough now. Looking at the origin website. They have 26kg 28kg and 34kg. not sure what to get.

Soldato
I work in food innovation (currently on furlough) and feel like I've done as much recipe creation as I would do at work!

Recently ive tried to breath some life into myprotein's pancake mix, which is dry and rubbery.

Came up with the following, which have been snacking with a coffee for those times where I need to fit in a food boost but isn't quite a proper meal time, in place of stuff like protein bars/cookies. Takes a few minutes to mix up a batch, 10 mins in the oven and I've got enough to last me a while.

While no where near as good as real muffins, they fix a sweet tooth and have made the cut easy. Few of these with a coffee and I'm sorted!

IMG-20200429-221305.jpg

Man of Honour
I work in food innovation (currently on furlough) and feel like I've done as much recipe creation as I would do at work!

Recently ive tried to breath some life into myprotein's pancake mix, which is dry and rubbery.

Came up with the following, which have been snacking with a coffee for those times where I need to fit in a food boost but isn't quite a proper meal time, in place of stuff like protein bars/cookies. Takes a few minutes to mix up a batch, 10 mins in the oven and I've got enough to last me a while.

While no where near as good as real muffins, they fix a sweet tooth and have made the cut easy. Few of these with a coffee and I'm sorted!

IMG-20200429-221305.jpg

Skills! They look tasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom