***The 2020 Gym Rats Thread*** ᕦ( ͠°◞ °)ᕥ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That sort of money and publicity could fund and boost a high margin side business like a supplement company or similar.

I dont blame them, though I am bitter of big stage boxing having become essentially wrestling over the last decade.

Soldato
The whole fight idea is just awful. Thor is still top of his game so why be sidelined for a daft celeb boxing match. I get why Eddie would do it as he’s retired from Strongman, injured so no chance of returning, and working on his brand outside of it.

As for the world record I am with Shaw. It’s a terrible idea to allow people to set records outside of competitions in their own gyms. String Man is going backwards :(

Also Thor could easily have have gone higher ? Surprised he didn’t.

I suspect that he will have multiple attempts and increase the record each time, which does help to keep him in the spotlight.

Consigliere
So there is scaffolding round the corner from mine....found a bar and did 5 pull ups quickly...its like, 30m long and 10m high around a building. Should be ok to take my 65kg of weight...? :p

Tempted to walk past there every other day now. :o

Soldato
What's up gym bros?

Gyms have been closed for a while.

I imagine current events affects training for everyone differently due to differences in kit, free time, goals.

I was interested to see how people have gotten on so far with training, if goals have changed, what sort of progress (or lack of) have people experienced?

Man of Honour
What's up gym bros?

Gyms have been closed for a while.

I imagine current events affects training for everyone differently due to differences in kit, free time, goals.

I was interested to see how people have gotten on so far with training, if goals have changed, what sort of progress (or lack of) have people experienced?

I have a gym at home, so nothing massive changed... Except now I am training more consistently over the past fortnight.

Consigliere
I have a gym at home, so nothing massive changed... Except now I am training more consistently over the past fortnight.

Go away show off. :p

@Avenged7Fold So i was on a PPL routine but starting to push my body in different ways. Realising the benefit of the simple push up. 1/3 of the way through https://hundredpushups.com/ and actually feel in better shape and body is changing rapidly!

Man of Honour
Well, it felt heavy today and my hands, wrists etc have lost their tough skin. Think I’ll lower my 1RM a little more with the aim of building up again. Great to be moving again though. At least I won’t need more plates for a while.

Soldato
I think a change of pace is a great move from time to time. So easy to try and carry on as normal and forget that there is plenty of benefit to changing rep range and training intensity.

I may have lost a bit of strength but my body no longer feels like it is crumbling. My shoulder and elbow feels as good as it use to pre injuries.

Dont know how you strong dudes push the weights you do without falling apart at the seams!

Man of Honour
My right kneee still isn't right and not squatting. I want to see a doc/physio when this all calms down. I worry about ruining snowboarding and things like that.

On the brighter side my other lifts are improving still and better for not squatting every day. I've been doing OHP more and finally feel that is coming together. I'm doing PPL type routine (as well as quite a lot of stand up paddle board sprtint and interval and boxing HIIT with heavy bag) goal is to try and control belly while not getting weaker if I can. Have just pulled 165kg for first time a few mins ago which is PB deadlift for me.

Soldato
Despite being quite comfortable in my home routine, I was very relieved to see my local gym post on Instagram advertising the gym recently after a few months of silence.

Before things hit the fan, the owner was mulling over whether it was going to be worth waiting out a few months of being closed and rebuilding the client base. I saw one of the racks for sale a few weeks back and suspected the worst.

Cant wait to get back and go heavy!

Man of Honour
Despite being quite comfortable in my home routine, I was very relieved to see my local gym post on Instagram advertising the gym recently after a few months of silence.

Before things hit the fan, the owner was mulling over whether it was going to be worth waiting out a few months of being closed and rebuilding the client base. I saw one of the racks for sale a few weeks back and suspected the worst.

Cant wait to get back and go heavy!

Some seem to be utilising outdoor areas that they have. It’s going to take me a few weeks to go heavy again. I don’t think I’ve lost much muscle, but I’ve lost about 10-20% off my lifts. Hopefully it comes back quickly. I’ve also not had muscle soreness like this for a long time.

Soldato
My local gym going by the video updates has mad the most of lockdown and has updated the gym building and equipment, and has also opened up their second gym. Do miss the gym, and look forward to starting again.

Man of Honour
The mountain must have a fair bit more reach surely? He’s looking a bit more nimble too.

First squat session today that actually felt reasonable. Did some barbell calf raises and barbell lunges for the first time too.

Man of Honour
Sumo deadlifted for the first time ever today. I can see the benefit and am going to throw in a few of those mid week from now on.

Shoulder strength is increasing again too. The weights finally don’t feel heavy or uncomfortable and it’s getting less strange to workout at home.

Soldato
Hi guys new here!

After for some advice. Im 6ft 3inches and weight 96kg so a bit over weight. I want to lose the belly fat etc, shall I just do cardio or shall i incorporate some weight training as well?

Also what diet should I be looking at?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom