***The 2020 Gym Rats Thread*** ᕦ( ͠°◞ °)ᕥ

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I work in food innovation (currently on furlough) and feel like I've done as much recipe creation as I would do at work!

Recently ive tried to breath some life into myprotein's pancake mix, which is dry and rubbery.

Came up with the following, which have been snacking with a coffee for those times where I need to fit in a food boost but isn't quite a proper meal time, in place of stuff like protein bars/cookies. Takes a few minutes to mix up a batch, 10 mins in the oven and I've got enough to last me a while.

While no where near as good as real muffins, they fix a sweet tooth and have made the cut easy. Few of these with a coffee and I'm sorted!

IMG-20200429-221305.jpg

Would last 15 minutes :D

Soldato
Finding myself itching to do some stuff on my rest day. Lack of equipment has been good in forcing me to do things I normally avoid. I dare say barbell lunges are growing on me!

They look nice. I don't have a sweet tooth though. My gut is due to liking 2 portions of savoury stuff (and moreover booze).

Been making savory stuff too, like muffins made with basil, diced onion, cheese and tomato. The cheese and veg are vital to stop the mix drying out and essentially turning into cork cupcakes.

Man of Honour
Finding myself itching to do some stuff on my rest day. Lack of equipment has been good in forcing me to do things I normally avoid. I dare say barbell lunges are growing on me!

Been making savory stuff too, like muffins made with basil, diced onion, cheese and tomato. The cheese and veg are vital to stop the mix drying out and essentially turning into cork cupcakes.
the savoury ones sound more like it!

B&W

B&W

Soldato

Hi, is that with the my protein pancake mix? If so would you have a recipe, they taste god damn awful straight out the pan...

Soldato
Hi, is that with the my protein pancake mix? If so would you have a recipe, they taste god damn awful straight out the pan...

It is and they certainly do.

For pancakes I normally do 50g mix, 40g peanutbutter or spread (anything fatty) and blueberries. Just enough milk to get them so they hold about half cm of height pouring them into a pan. Low heat until it's time to flip and I use a spatula as the top is still a bit runny at this point. When you flip them, increase pan heat and that should seal the outside trapping most air inside (or they deflate as you probably know). Take them off the cook while the inside is half cooked, as the consistency is far more palatable than cooking through.

They still wont be great but most definately better than the packet instructions. I normally only have half the above serving with fruit, dark choc and yoghurt flavoured with flavdrops.

If you dont mind having extra carbs, I would probably add in some self raising flour to get a cakey consistency but I normally have them on a cut and save the carbs for fruit.

Another member asked for muffin recipe, which I tend to do on the fly every few days. I'll make note on the next batch and post back

Soldato
Edit: here's one I found on my MFP for the muffins.

Mix it all except the baking powder and lemon juice and fruit. Then do the baking powder and lemon with blueberries after. Pour and bake for 10ish mins until a toothpick comes out clean.

These will be a bit omelette like without flour to make them fluffy. If you dont care about the carbs, I'd try equal parts self raising and protein with a bit more butter.

The fruit and fats stops them drying out. Egg helps them set. Baking powder to rise and lemon juice accelerates the rise. Ingredients below should make 12?

Screenshot-20200501-154159-My-Fitness-Pal.jpg

Man of Honour
I can't decide if this is good for strongman as a sport or not, on one hand it's good to get some money into the sport and some media attention but on the other hand it's going a bit too far into WWE style soap story lines for me. This was quite obviously a complete set up with the whole controversy from Eddie in the lead up.

The whole fight idea is just awful. Thor is still top of his game so why be sidelined for a daft celeb boxing match. I get why Eddie would do it as he’s retired from Strongman, injured so no chance of returning, and working on his brand outside of it.

As for the world record I am with Shaw. It’s a terrible idea to allow people to set records outside of competitions in their own gyms. String Man is going backwards :(

Also Thor could easily have have gone higher ? Surprised he didn’t.

Man of Honour
The whole fight idea is just awful. Thor is still top of his game so why be sidelined for a daft celeb boxing match. I get why Eddie would do it as he’s retired from Strongman, injured so no chance of returning, and working on his brand outside of it.

As for the world record I am with Shaw. It’s a terrible idea to allow people to set records outside of competitions in their own gyms. String Man is going backwards :(

Also Thor could easily have have gone higher ? Surprised he didn’t.
To be fair I can't knock either of them for agreeing to a 7 figure deal at the end of the day there's minimal money in Strongman in comparison.
Eddie is doing a good job of pimping himself out in general and Thor isn't exactly rolling in work outside of strongman since GoT.

To be fair I can't knock either of them for agreeing to a 7 figure deal at the end of the day there's minimal money in Strongman in comparison.
Eddie is doing a good job of pimping himself out in general and Thor isn't exactly rolling in work outside of strongman since GoT.

Only just read it’s a seven figure deal and yes they would be daft to knock it back. Still not for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom