The £300-£1250 Tower, Full & HTPC System Weekly Builds Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Mate does the antec fusion have a PSU from here? I thought it ddi but rang and OCUk said no. but to be fair the guy didnt know what he was talking about. I want to order this ASAP (your £400 HTPC seclection)

Cheers
Chris

Associate
So you reckon they wont? there isnt a model number listed on the site? surely adding a PSU will puish the price over £400?
Most other places are selling this case without PSU for around £100 or £120 with?

Cheers for the PDF tho

Man of Honour
I wouldn't count on it coming with one since the guy on the phone stated it didn't and it isn't listed in the description or the reviews that people have submitted for the black case, interestingly a couple of people mention it in the reviews for the silver version.

However you could submit a webnote or if you don't mind calling up again ask for confirmation of the model number. Gibbo, RTB, Yewen, Ace Modder, dr.sarf and Fatboy all work for the shop (first three are Dons) so you could try their contact details and see if they can help to clarify as well I suppose.

Soldato
Have made this a sticky due to how often it has been updated, good work guys to keep it going for this long.

Lets get some new specs up and kicking!

GM2

GM2

Associate

Great job!

Just one point - the individual posts with the specs in mostly have 'last edited dates' of more than a month ago. I've now realised that this is because you just update the linked images - but for quite a while I was thinking that you weren't updating all of them!! :o I wonder whether it would be an idea to point this out in the first thread - or am I the only one not using my brain??!!

Also - you tend to get the specs to within a few pence of the budget price. This is very impressive, but:

a) must be quite time consuming sometimes, trying to get everything to add up exactly.

b) may sometimes result in compromises? i.e.: would someone spending £1250 on a box, buy just the basic P5Q board, as opposed to spending a bit more for the pro, e, or delux version perhaps? At that end of the scale, breaking the budget by £50 or more is probably not an issue. Obviously at the lower end of the scale, it would be much more significant.

Would it make more sense to allow yourself a small amount of leeway of perhaps 5-10% of the budget, to reflect real life, to sometimes provide a better spec for very little difference in cost and to make life easier for you?

Given that component prices seem to be changing almost daily at the moment, what you spec today may be 5% more or less tomorrow anyway! ;):D

Just some thoughts - but it is your thread and your hard work, so yours to decide what you do with it...

GM2

Soldato
OP
Great job!

Just one point - the individual posts with the specs in mostly have 'last edited dates' of more than a month ago. I've now realised that this is because you just update the linked images - but for quite a while I was thinking that you weren't updating all of them!! :o I wonder whether it would be an idea to point this out in the first thread - or am I the only one not using my brain??!!

ahh im just deleting the links of the old ones on photobucket, and uploading the new ones with the same name, so its easier on me :D, therefore when i update the first post will be edited, not each pictures post :)

Also - you tend to get the specs to within a few pence of the budget price. This is very impressive, but:

a) must be quite time consuming sometimes, trying to get everything to add up exactly.

Oh yeah, esp with these new prices:mad:, but i can seem to just about pulll it off.

b) may sometimes result in compromises? i.e.: would someone spending £1250 on a box, buy just the basic P5Q board, as opposed to spending a bit more for the pro, e, or delux version perhaps? At that end of the scale, breaking the budget by £50 or more is probably not an issue. Obviously at the lower end of the scale, it would be much more significant.

The thing is, an E0 Q9650 and an X2 provide a bigger computing experiance over a better P5Q. it will still be able to get the Q9650 to 4GHz no problem :)
Would it make more sense to allow yourself a small amount of leeway of perhaps 5-10% of the budget, to reflect real life, to sometimes provide a better spec for very little difference in cost and to make life easier for you?

well the thing is 10% of £1250 is £125 thats a lot, and at £300 its £30, way to much. the budgets are there for a reason :)

Given that component prices seem to be changing almost daily at the moment, what you spec today may be 5% more or less tomorrow anyway! ;):D

Just some thoughts - but it is your thread and your hard work, so yours to decide what you do with it...

GM2

Soldato
shaffaaf27 -

a) Could you spec me a £1500 ddr3 tower please?
b) Do you think I should wait until the core i7's come into play before I build a rig?

Does that include OS, Monitor, mouse & keyboard, etc?

I would not advise DDR3 or Core i7 currently, even for a spec of that price. The only benefit of i7 atm is so-called non-existant 'futureproofing'. In reality, i7 will make zero difference to games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom