The £300-£1250 Tower, Full & HTPC System Weekly Builds Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Wouldnt it be preferential for 4850 to be user rather than 4830 as the price/performance sways more in favour for the 4850 i do believe.
Also instead of the Tuniq Tower, get the Tuniq Core Contact Freezer as it is a better cooler.

Soldato
shaffaaf27,
Just wanted to say my own thank you for starting and especially continuing to maintain this thread. Although when putting together parts for a new system most people like a more personal approach by creating their own thread, which can't really be substituted, this makes for a very good starting point on which to base further research and investigation. Good food for thought.
Keep it up mate!!

:)
JM

Last edited:
Associate
Strange how things work out...

This thread gets stickied just as it seems to have gone off the boil a wee bit :(

If anyone is still updating the thread my personal interest is in games base units that are utterly stable, adequately powerful (not silly and overpowered), relatively quiet and relatively energy efficient. I am happy to buy slightly older stuff rather than bleeding edge - for instance I lost count of the number of BIOS upgrades I applied to my old Mobo while an older stable mobo would have saved much hassle. It is not necessarily a good thing to build a new rig from a big list of all the latest stuff IMHO. Cost is not an issue compared to the other things - a few hundred £ either way on something costing £800 or so is fine.

Brilliant thread OP. Thank you for taking the time to update the builds.

Last edited:
Associate
On the 500 build you could change the mobo to this: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...P45 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Cooler to this: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...1&name=Akasa AK-965 CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775)
and with the spare change get this muich nicer case: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp... II Aluminium Midi-Tower Case - Black (No PSU)

and finally on the 1000 build change the cooler to the Tuniq Core contact instead of the Tuniq Tower, as the Core Contact freezer is a much better cooler and two quid cheaper and comes more on budget.

And same to the other builds.

And as mentioned the HTPC arnt showing.

But great work. :)

Soldato
OP
HTPC issues should be fixed now :)

salshiem, thats the mobo im sure i chose....oops, right let me swap them.

also about the cooler, i have read reviews, and its good, but loud, so id rather put down the freezer 7 pro.

once again for the 1000 build, ooops, though i chose the core contact. let me change it. :D

Soldato
OP
cheers mate :)

sorry for the lack of updates guys, i killed my Q9550 tryingt o take it to 4.5GHz with 1.6vs under water for 3d mark LOOOOOOL got my RMA and should be back up by wed:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom