*** The 3rd OcUK PS3 FIFA09 Cup ***

Soldato
OP
Loki 0 - 2 Jonny
Jonny 3 - 0 Loki

I think your team suffered from a weak front line, they were all too easy to push off the ball. Though you were giving me some scares in the second game and were unlucky not to put a few away.

Soldato
OP
Tables updated.

Congrats Group A for being first to finish, give yourselves a pat on the back ;)

I have started to put the qualifiers into the knock out tables for those who are interested.

Remember the deadline is this sunday!

Soldato
OP
Jonny_no2 0-0 ps3ud0
ps3ud0 2-0 Jonny_no2

GGs mate - shame about the lag present in both games - happy to replay if youre unhappy with the results...

Loki - you around today?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Nah, the results are fine, the lag affected us both equally, and anyway I was delighted to get a point from you :D

Last I checked (yesterday) Eddie_Arsenal hadn't been on for 3 days so probably 4 days now. I've yet to play him too but there's no sign of him yet.

Hmm... not so good, try and get all your other games played, if he isn't going to play I will finalize your group based on just the four remaining players.

I think Jamesbcd and Gatidd might know Eddie, if so can you see if he's going to be able to play?

Soldato
OP
First post updated.

Games still to be played:
Topher vs Eddie_Arsenal (2nd game only)
GazD vs Eddie_Arsenal
Loki vs ps3ud0
Loki vs Manic111

As some of the Knock out fixtures are being finalised I guess I'd better post up the knock out rules:

There is to be 2 legs in the Knock out stages, 1 home and 1 away, if the aggregate score is level after the second game a third 'decider' game must be played, if the score is still level at this time then play on through extra time and penalties until a winner is decided. Away goals do not count.

As usual play your games, and post up the results, if the result is already up please quote to confirm.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Small issue - even if the aggregrate score is level if the second game isnt a draw then you cant play extra time etc within that game. I propose its just a 3rd game that goes all the way instead?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Good point, I will go with that suggestion, as it makes most sense.

so:

If aggregate scores are level at the end of the second game, play a 3rd 'decider' game.

Soldato
OP
Have to play my remaining game today if that's ok. Waited around for my opponent last night but he didn't come online

That is fine, since there are only a handfull of games left to play I will allow them to be played after the deadline.

So please arrange the following games ASAP:

GazD vs Eddie_Arsenal
Loki vs ps3ud0
Loki vs Manic111

Soldato
OP
Another quick update

Group Stage Games:
Loki vs ps3ud0
Loki vs Manic111
These game must now be played by wednesday evening.

Confirmed knock out first round games:

Knock Out Stage A:
Gatidd vs Eddie_Arsenal
Beenom vs Skippi90

Knock Out Stage C:
One More Solo vs stevesmith_2009

**Eddie - please make sure you still play Topher for your group stage, even though your position is confirmed, Topher's isn't.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for getting these game done. We now have a full line up for Knock Out Stage A, and just a couple of group games to confirm the final fixtures in Knock Out Stages B and C.

Group Stage Games: To be played by Wednesday evening.
Loki vs Manic111

Knock Out Stage A: To be played by Saturday evening.
Gatidd vs Eddie_Arsenal
Beenom vs Skippi90
SS-89 vs Jonny_no2
ps3ud0 vs ash6290

Knock Out Stage B: To be played by Saturday evening.
Naan_H vs Whappers (Yes - this is now confirmed ;))

Knock Out Stage C: To be played by Saturday evening.
One More Solo vs stevesmith_2009

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom