The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
robj20 would be better to anwser that. I'm not really up to date on airguns.

I might be getting myself another HW45 because of this thread though :o.

Going to have to sell my Walther CP88 to fund it though :(

Soldato
blackstar.jpg

Thanks to this thread I now 'NEED' one of these :eek:. I had a standard HW45 years ago but sold it for £100 and have regretted it ever since. This is a special edition and has be be specially ordered from Germany, so would be a long wait, plus it cost around £270. There is a silver start model that is easier to obtain and looks pretty good as well.

6947255296_7c632e1a76_z.jpg

Pic of the silver star. This one looks pretty good as well. I'd prefer the black star but I might get one of these second hand.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hubba hubba lovely.

However

Still kick your ass with my Tempest :p

I always wanted a Webley pistol when I was a kid as my mate had one. I can't remember what it was like now though.

The HW45 is the rolls royce of the spring powered pistols though :p.

Oh BTW. IIRC someone posted a picture of their gat gun earlier in this thread.. While I was looking for second hand HW45s I noticed that gat guns are selling for up to £70 for boxed examples :eek:. I think they were £15 when I bought one years back. Wish i had kept it now.

Associate
wow your pistol must be well powerfull and very acuarte and you must have very good field craft to get that close, i think i will just stick with 12 boars and rifels

Tea Drinker
Don
While I was looking for second hand HW45s I noticed that gat guns are selling for up to £70 for boxed examples :eek:

Jeez really wow, remember when I got my Tempest my mate was shooting holes in a pot noodle pot then my tempest blew the pot to pieces, don't think he ever used the Gat Gun again.

Just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQ_Zdg_i2s&feature=related that and to be honest if it's still a over leaver one shot I'll keep my Tempest, don't think I'd get more value for spending £250

Please don't shoot bunnys or birds with pistols
Leave it to the rifles.

Why?

Associate
Jeez really wow, remember when I got my Tempest my mate was shooting holes in a pot noodle pot then my tempest blew the pot to pieces, don't think he ever used the Gat Gun again.

Just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQ_Zdg_i2s&feature=related that and to be honest if it's still a over leaver one shot I'll keep my Tempest, don't think I'd get more value for spending £250

Why?

It gives the sport a bad name shooting with sub 6 pound pistol
And you risk breaking the 1981 wild life act
Taken from the Basc

Hunting should never be attempted with any air pistol as they simply do not have the power, or accuracy, for hunting work.

Associate
can someone explain the law of air rifles to me? when i was a kid we had an air rifle, dont remember needing a license for it, just mostly used it to shoot targets in the garden, but i think the law has changed since then.

if i under stand correctly, its now based on the barrel length? with no license you need one with a short barrel. is that right? can someone shed some light.

Soldato
can someone explain the law of air rifles to me? when i was a kid we had an air rifle, dont remember needing a license for it, just mostly used it to shoot targets in the garden, but i think the law has changed since then.

if i under stand correctly, its now based on the barrel length? with no license you need one with a short barrel. is that right? can someone shed some light.

It's also to do with pounds per feet. Anything over 12 pounds pressure requires a firearms license.

When you buy a rifle you'll have to provide a name and address to the seller (unless it's second hand).

One has to be over 18, if under 18 can borrow a rifle as long as supervised. It is illegal to buy an air rifle for someone under 18.

Associate
You have to be 18 or over.

The air rifle must be a maximum of 12 ft/lb.

Pegare.

oh cool, use to have a shop here that sold them, seems to have closed down now :( tempted to get one for some target shooting, but i think i would get bored quick, not much to hunt round here :\ we had a rat problem a few months back, would have come in handy then.... the neighbours cat however.... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom