The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
TheOtherOption, I might have said this before in this thread, but that is a very nice piece of Walnut on that HW100!

The Prosport needs a nice Walnut stock to finish it off :p.

Soldato
Yea you have done but it doesn't hurt hearing it again :D I would have loved the Pro Sport in walnut but the shop where I bought it only had that version in stock and it was the only one they had so I went for it - no regrets!

Associate
My Umarex Beretta M 92 FS Nickel CO2 .177 Cal + Walnut Grips.

20120529220913.jpg

20120529220837.jpg

20120529221029.jpg

20120529221142.jpg

Excuse the lacklustre quality. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
TheOtherOption - I love the look of the Pro Sport. Is it very hold sensitive? I'd love to get another, good quality springer.

I've not noticed it to be too bad but then I've not used it for prolonged periods rather just short target shoots.

I'm hoping to go and do some open air target shooting with either the .177 springer or the .22 PCP in Shropshire later this summer so will find out how they fair then!

Soldato
From what I can gather from various forums, the Pro Sport can hold its own alongside PCPs at HTF. Very accurate once the right hold is mastered.

Nice beretta Bishie, The silver with walnut grips is the best combination IMO. I have the black version with walnut grips and silencer, but hoping to add a silver one to my collection soon as a mate has one and never uses it.

I have a feeling these guns are worth keeping, as in the future I can imagine them cutting costs quite a lot. They have a really solid, quality feel and when you compare them to the likes of Gamo and Crossman they are like night and day.

Last edited:
Associate
From what I can gather from various forums, the Pro Sport can hold its own alongside PCPs at HTF. Very accurate once the right hold is mastered.

Nice beretta Bishie, The silver with walnut grips is the best combination IMO. I have the black version with walnut grips and silencer, but hoping to add a silver one to my collection soon as a mate has one and never uses it.

I have a feeling these guns are worth keeping, as in the future I can imagine them cutting costs quite a lot. They have a really solid, quality feel and when you compare them to the likes of Gamo and Crossman they are like night and day.

As it happens, the missus asked if I was planning to sell it. It's quite the collectors item. It's no longer sold where I originally purchased it, and I've yet to find it on Umarex's website. Only the regular black version with plastic grips appears to be available.

Soldato
Currently fighting the growing impulse to venture into air rifle ownership. My back garden is crying out for something like that:

55284610150985092316388.jpg

Don't really want to spend a couple of hundred on it, though. :(

Soldato
Not long enough for any serious shooting, join a club, im dissapointed if the range doesnt go to at least 90ish meters.

New picture of my two at the minute.

295101_10150916869568502_646428501_13183057_2002250579_n.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It's absolutely fine yes, in fact if you can even shoot from inside your house its amazing :eek:. Mine is 25 meters now and I love it. If you want a challenge, you just make the targets smaller. I can often get single hole groups at 25 meters with my HW97k.

If you want to shoot pistols then 25 meters is probably the max you would want to go to, so your 40 meters would be great for that as well.

I would love to have a large area of land to shoot on but a club doesn't really interest me at the moment. I like to just go out and have a shoot when i feel like it, rather than having to drive for miles to do it. But maybe in the future I will have a go at HFT or something.

You should get a lot of enjoyment out of it if you like target sports. Unfortunately you won't get anything that great for under £200 for a rifle. Bear in mind that you can usually sell it on for the same or even more than you bought it for if you buy second hand as they hold their value very well.

Last edited:
Associate
Edrof lovely garden. Just right for beginners air rifle range. You can set up two targets one at 10m second at end of your garden. Then do weekly 500 pellets out, whilst having your mates over for a few pints and nice music playing.

P1010085.jpg

blesses

Associate
It's a shame air pistols lack traditional magazines, save for the exception of the Beretta PX4 Storm by Umarex - which is about as close as it gets. It even boasts blowback action. The only downside is that it's not solely for the usage of pellets, as it supports BBs also, and it's comprised of plastic as opposed to full metal.

Soldato
Are they actually made by Umarex? or Imported and sold under their name? I was under the impression that most of the blowback magazine fed co2 pistols were made by Chinese companies and are very similar to their softair counterparts.

If you want full metal, blowback and magazine fed, then the Baikal Makarov MP-654K seems like a decent pistol. But it's steel bb again, which doesn't have the accuracy. Still, looks like a fun little pistol and has a quality look and feel to it like the Umarex guns.

The Skif co2 guns have a 28 shot rotary magazine, designed for pellets. The only problem with these is that the trigger pull is pretty heavy due to it having to cycle 28 pellets.

Back
Top Bottom