The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
is everyday 3in1 oil ok for guns?

It depends on where you are planning on putting it :eek:

What do you need to lubricate? For air guns, the metalwork is best kept in best condition by using a product called Napier Airgun Oil - it comes in an aerosol.

The insides depend on if it's a spring powered gun or a pre-charged pneumatic. PCPs run on very highly pressured air, and certain oils/greases can explode at these pressures.

What do you need to lube?

Permabanned
It depends on where you are planning on putting it :eek:

What do you need to lubricate? For air guns, the metalwork is best kept in best condition by using a product called Napier Airgun Oil - it comes in an aerosol.

The insides depend on if it's a spring powered gun or a pre-charged pneumatic. PCPs run on very highly pressured air, and certain oils/greases can explode at these pressures.

What do you need to lube?

Just the moving parts, trigger, hammer, swingout chamber ect, it's for the dan wesson 4inch revolver and the instructions say to put a drop of oil on one of the bb's, I thought this was a little strange but it does say to do it.
the 3 in one oil is just temporary though as i'll pick some gun oil up next time I visit the gun shop.

Soldato
CV joint grease is best for internals, save your self some money its all the same as the fancy dedicated airgun grease. Keep silicone oil aways from metal on metal. 3-in-1 is great for blueing and general cleaning of parts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone here had a V-glide tune for their HW97/77? Looks amazing but I can't seem to find a price or where to buy from. Seems to be sold in airgun stores in the USA, but not here :confused:.

Comes with a delrin studded piston and air chamber and all the other bits you get with the normal Venom stage 1/ v-mach.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Has anyone here had a V-glide tune for their HW97/77? Looks amazing but I can't seem to find a price or where to buy from. Seems to be sold in airgun stores in the USA, but not here :confused:.

Comes with a delrin studded piston and air chamber and all the other bits you get with the normal Venom stage 1/ v-mach.

I have a friend that has both the VMatch and the VGlide tunning kit from Steve Pope - for a HW 97KT .177 ( FAC version)

great kit´s , after the tunning the springer has improved a lot

you could buy it directly from Steve or in any one of the retailers

the VGlide is a bit expensive

http://www.air-rifle-tuning.com/v-mach/Retailers_and_Fitting_Services.html

Soldato
I have a friend that has both the VMatch and the VGlide tunning kit from Steve Pope - for a HW 97KT .177 ( FAC version)

great kit´s , after the tunning the springer has improved a lot

you could buy it directly from Steve or in any one of the retailers

the VGlide is a bit expensive

http://www.air-rifle-tuning.com/v-mach/Retailers_and_Fitting_Services.html

I already have the standard venom stage 1 (v-mach) tune in my HW97k and it did make a big difference from the standard gun, but from what I have read the full vglide totally transforms the rifle. There appears to be vglide kits for sale in the states, but yet in Britain where they are made they are not on any online stores. Their website site also doesn't really give much info on them.

Did you shoot both rifles? Would you say the Vglide was worth the extra cost over the standard tune?

BTW, I think i have just come accross one of your posts on another forum regarding making the HW97 silencer quieter. I think i might have to give that a try as my current silencer just had 2 springs inside it. One inside the other to create some basic baffles. I thin I ill give your method a try with washers and alu tubing.

arekgreenman888, Didn't you say you have a TX200? You would be better off looking at a guide for that if you want to strip it.

http://targetshooter.myfreeforum.or...e-air-arms-tx200-and-prosport__o_t__t_50.html - This seems like a good guide with pics. There are a few more if you search for TX200 strip.

Last edited:
Associate
Just to let folk now how good that video of lubing air guns is. Followed it and now tx200 is not making any noise while cocking. It is smooth as if on lube... Perhaps it is advisable to lube your air gun every up to 3000 shots. And not like some who might go even 5000 shots without lubing.

Brilliant job done!

Soldato
A service once a year is plenty. Unless you drop it in a puddle or something then obviously give it a going over, but otherwise even 5000 shots between service is a bit often.

Associate
A service once a year is plenty. Unless you drop it in a puddle or something then obviously give it a going over, but otherwise even 5000 shots between service is a bit often.

Well I know air rifle that fired about 5000 shots. Whilst around that number it developed a noise while cocking. This noise was not present before. After lubing spring noise has reduced in intensity by about 80%!

Thus servicing every 3000 shots seems just about right.

If I recall correctly servicing every 3000-5000 shots was advised by shop owner of a reputable gun shop - PAX GUN's in London.

Permabanned
Oh god choices, choices, had decided on getting a hw95 but after lots of youtube vids, reviews and advise from you guys I am now torn between the following..
Air arms TX200
Air arms prosport
Weihrauch HW97K
Theoben Evolution

Wich one of the above is best? I got 4 weeks to decide.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom