BSA Airsporter Mark I .22:

DSCF4318.JPG

Paratrooper .22:

DSCF4315.JPG

Diana .177 Pistol:

DSCF4319.JPG

My grouping at 30 yards with the Tx200HC:

DSC00030.JPG

OMG, a paratrooper, I used one of those back in the early 70's when I was a kid, my dad used to take me shooting every Sunday morning and the paratrooper was bought by my dad for me but was sold in the 70's.
Great to see the rifle again, thanks for sharing that;);) who knows? that maybe the very rifle I had.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bring back happy memories, had Mercury Mark I years ago, plus many other air weapons.

Had a shed clear out last week, found loads of tins of .20 & .25 pellets still sealed, plus a tin of .30 pellets, & a Sharp Innova .25 barrel.

Associate
OMG, a paratrooper, I used one of those back in the early 70's when I was a kid, my dad used to take me shooting every Sunday morning and the paratrooper was bought by my dad for me but was sold in the 70's.
Great to see the rifle again, thanks for sharing that;);) who knows? that maybe the very rifle I had.

Paratrooper

me too when I was a kid

Lew

Soldato
Going to pick up a BSA R10 today, cant wait :D

Have they worked out the quality control issues with BSA now? I remember seeing lots of bad reviews of the R10 a while back. I'd check the barrel crown as that was one of the things that was giving them poor accuracy from what I remember.

Caporegime
Been considering purchasing an air rifle, had the opportunity to shoot with the Weihrauch HW 97K a few years ago and really liked it. Though id personally prefer an FAC rifle of some sorts. Due to laws over here being different than the rest of the uk. Any air gun regardless of power rating will have to be registered on an FAC, (i already have an FAC for my shotgun). I can remember a few years back that two of the most popular FAC rated rifles were the HW80 and the theoben eliminator.

Associate
Been considering purchasing an air rifle, had the opportunity to shoot with the Weihrauch HW 97K a few years ago and really liked it. Though id personally prefer an FAC rifle of some sorts. Due to laws over here being different than the rest of the uk. Any air gun regardless of power rating will have to be registered on an FAC, (i already have an FAC for my shotgun). I can remember a few years back that two of the most popular FAC rated rifles were the HW80 and the theoben eliminator.

A shotgun cert (SGC) is different than a FAC I believe. If you are going to go for FAC I'd recommend going for a PCP not a spring piston - recoil would really limit your range on a spring/piston rifle.

Associate
In northern ireland, all weapons including shotguns, air rifles have to be held on an FAC. It's quite different from the rest of the uk. Will have a look into pcp's.

Yeah I know, sub 12ft lbs needs an FAC in NI, but what I'm saying is a SGC isn't and FAC, that's a separate cert for rifles, which a shotgun isn't.

Theoben FAC rifles are good as they have massive buddy bottles so get decent shot count.

Soldato
HW100 or a lump of drift wood ;)

Daystate Airwolf is the only rifle i wont ever sell.

Theoben MFR in .22 is next on my list, then maybe a Steyr Hunter.

Soldato
Soldato
Haha, i cant believe how bad that video is :D. At least its free though, unlike the mags. The last one I bought gave the SMK B2 9/10 and I didn't bother with them again after that.

There was a pretty interesting one they did where he went to see the BSA and Daystate factories. Would have liked to have seen the Webley factory before it shut down as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any one remember Steve Harper of Harper Classic Guns, from Gawcott, Buckingham, was a fantastic gunsmith.

Had several of his walking stick air canes, which used the brocock cartridges, he change from guns back to making highly respected Tinwhistles.

Last edited:
Associate
Ianh - Yeah, should have said, getting (got) the MK2. I've been playing with it in my mates back garden and at about 20yrds I was getting a 10 shot group in a size less that a 1 pence piece.

Mark A - I believe it was the R10 MK1 was the gun that was getting bad reviews, the MK2 has something like 25ish upgrades.

Happy happy happy

Back
Top Bottom