The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
I'm after a air rifle to deal with bunnies on my Brother-in-law farm as he has a real problem there atm. What's a good .22 rifle sub 200 for getting bunnies :)
A 2nd hand spring powered gun (springer) will be your best bet - have a look on a few dedicated air gun sites to see what's about for your budget. You can probably get a HW95 (or similar) with a scope within budget.

Got myself an AA Pro Sport in walnut. Probably the first air rifle I've ever liked the look of. Stuck on an MTC Viper 4-16x50 scope too.

:)
That Pro-Sport looks gorgeous!!!

Arektw4tpenisface - why don't you just foad you bankwucket?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been looking at second hand on gun trader and most of the HW95s I see are going for around £320.

Edit; just noticed they aren't second had but new from traders. There aren't any second hand ones near me.

Spoke to my local gun shop and they will do the Stoeger x20 Supressor with bag and scope for £199. From what I've read this is a Chinese gun thats sold by a number of different brands but the silencer design is different and makes it quieter than most other versions.

It will probably be good enough for what I need, but then when I get to the shop I can see myself being drawn to something German.....

Last edited:
Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;22222019 said:
I've been looking at second hand on gun trader and most of the HW95s I see are going for around £320.

Edit; just noticed they aren't second had but new from traders. There aren't any second hand ones near me.

Spoke to my local gun shop and they will do the Stoeger x20 Supressor with bag and scope for £199. From what I've read this is a Chinese gun thats sold by a number of different brands but the silencer design is different and makes it quieter than most other versions.

It will probably be good enough for what I need, but then when I get to the shop I can see myself being drawn to something German.....

There's a few sub £200 HW95s on www.airgunbbs.com - you need to join and make four posts before you can view the sales section ;) You'll find some other decent guns for not much gold there too :)

Permabanned
Why is it some guns don't have sight adjustments? I have just spent over £200 on a umarex colt 1911 A1 and it is shooting high, unfortunately it only has horizontal adjustment which is prety much spot on, would trying different pellets help?

I have the same problem with my new umarex beretta 92fs which also shoots a little high and it also has no elevation adjustment, it isn't as bad as the colt though, this gun has just cost me £190 so i'm feeling a bit cheesed off.
Then I spend just £69.99 on the crosman 357 revolver which has fully adjustable rear sights which I havn't had to touch as it's hitting dead centre out the box.
So, is there anything I can do to make the more expensive guns hit their target?

Turns out the crosman 357 was a great buy. Oh, and just paid another £150 on the gamo pt-85 tactical which is an absolute nightmare to zero in, just can't seem to get it right but I think that's just me as i've never adjusted a red dot or laser before so a little advise would be apreciated on the best way to sight these in, Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is it some guns don't have sight adjustments? I have just spent over £200 on a umarex colt 1911 A1 and it is shooting high, unfortunately it only has horizontal adjustment which is prety much spot on, would trying different pellets help?

I have the same problem with my new umarex beretta 92fs which also shoots a little high and it also has no elevation adjustment, it isn't as bad as the colt though, this gun has just cost me £190 so i'm feeling a bit cheesed off.
Then I spend just £69.99 on the crosman 357 revolver which has fully adjustable rear sights which I havn't had to touch as it's hitting dead centre out the box.
So, is there anything I can do to make the more expensive guns hit their target?

Turns out the crosman 357 was a great buy. Oh, and just paid another £150 on the gamo pt-85 tactical which is an absolute nightmare to zero in, just can't seem to get it right but I think that's just me as i've never adjusted a red dot or laser before so a little advise would be apreciated on the best way to sight these in, Thanks.

Just find what distance the sights are set for, and then learn to compensate.

Im thinking of selling my XVI to help fund a Steyr, just cant say buy to the Airwolf i like it too much.

Associate
This was my collection until very recently (wife said i had too many and a couple had to go:mad:)
Saying that, still have rimmies and shotguns as well and they are going no where! lol
CIMG5241.jpg

A couple of my rimmies

CIMG5108.jpg

CIMG5105.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
i had a BSA lightning xl was a great gun but didnt find the time to ever go out , made £80 when selling it on so it wasn't bad.

ive been thinking about buying another.

Permabanned
i had a BSA lightning xl was a great gun but didnt find the time to ever go out , made £80 when selling it on so it wasn't bad.

ive been thinking about buying another.

Yep, this thread does tempt you doesn't it, i'm nearly a £1000 lighter since it started and that is just on pistols, havn't even started on rifles yet:D

Zooankski that is a beautiful collection you have there :eek:

Soldato
Zooankski your collection is impressive.

Been thinking about getting Theoben ideally .20 calibre, in a few months time.
Still got a HW80 .25, but being 12ftlb, it needs a lighter pellet to get the best from the rifle.

Soldato
LOL, she still thinks i only own one rifle now:D shame i have not had much time to get out and shoot recently:(

In that case, (*rubs hands, evilly*) I shall expect a gift of one of your weapons in the post. Or else she might get an anonymous tip off...

...muhahaha!

Soldato
Thinking of getting a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 Mil Dot to replace my hawke 3-9x40. Hoping to spend about £125 at the most.

Are there any others I should consider? I'd like to keep it to 40mm so I can reuse my medium sportsmatch mounts. Looking for at least 15x mag.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190656150813?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ordered some of this non slip heat shrink for the underlever on my HW97. Saw a picture of it used on a rifle on the BBs and it looks pretty good and should make it a bit more comfortable to use.

Still trying to decide on getting a V-glide kit for it. V-Mach are making my decision a lot easier by not replying to my email though :(.

Last edited:
Associate
In that case, (*rubs hands, evilly*) I shall expect a gift of one of your weapons in the post. Or else she might get an anonymous tip off...

...muhahaha!

LOL :D

Thinking of getting a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 Mil Dot to replace my hawke 3-9x40. Hoping to spend about £125 at the most.

Are there any others I should consider? I'd like to keep it to 40mm so I can reuse my medium sportsmatch mounts. Looking for at least 15x mag.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190656150813?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ordered some of this non slip heat shrink for the underlever on my HW97. Saw a picture of it used on a rifle on the BBs and it looks pretty good and should make it a bit more comfortable to use.

Still trying to decide on getting a V-glide kit for it. V-Mach are making my decision a lot easier by not replying to my email though :(.

V glide kit will make a hell of a difference;). As for the scope, what do you want to use it for? If you are shooting HFT then you will find the mil dot spacings to large to be of much use. I have one fitted on my FAC Mk3 and it is a nice bit of glass other than that and they can be had second hand at a good price.

Soldato
I should have mentioned that I already have the stage 1 tune, so the gun is pretty good as it is. No twang and a nice short lock time. I'd mainly be hoping for some extra mechanical noise reduction and maybe a bit less recoil.

I had a lazaglided Longbow a while back and when shot side by side with my stage 1 HW97 there was a big difference. I just cant quite decide whether the difference is worth the £200.

Got my heatshrink through today and put it on the underlever. Nice cheap mod that gives a bit of extra comfort and grip to the underlever. Should also help to protect it from scratches etc.

DSC_3420.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, popped into my local gun and tackle shop yesterday and had a chat about what I needed and came away with a Stoeger X20 Suppressor.

c2b7e4f0.jpg

Yes, it's a cheap Chinese made gun, but from what I've read and watched in terms of reviews it's the best of the bunch and has surprised a few folks. Had a few shots this evening and given I'm rusty my groups weren't great, but since the shop had dialled in the sights they went where they were aimed when I pulled the trigger.

Now, where are the squirrels.....

Back
Top Bottom