The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
To quote a linked video: They are firing a Hannibal 577 Tyrannosaur rifle and getting blown away by the recoil. The gun is purpose built to stop charging Rhinos, Hippo's and Elephants. It's the most powerful hunting gun in the world and shoots a 750 gr bullet (more than 3 times the size of an avg Colt .45 pistol bullet) at 2700 feet per sec. (3 times faster than an avg Colt .45 bullet)-- the recoil of the 13 pound, US made gun is so powerful that despite 3 mercury reducers in the butt stock it still hammers the shooter.

Basically.. the things gonna leave you with a sore shoulder for a VERY long time.

Associate
To quote a linked video: They are firing a Hannibal 577 Tyrannosaur rifle and getting blown away by the recoil. The gun is purpose built to stop charging Rhinos, Hippo's and Elephants. It's the most powerful hunting gun in the world and shoots a 750 gr bullet (more than 3 times the size of an avg Colt .45 pistol bullet) at 2700 feet per sec. (3 times faster than an avg Colt .45 bullet)-- the recoil of the 13 pound, US made gun is so powerful that despite 3 mercury reducers in the butt stock it still hammers the shooter.

Basically.. the things gonna leave you with a sore shoulder for a VERY long time.

I agree with you Scougar that t his gun is insane power. So i dont want this gun. But which gun comes power wise close to this and yet is manageable with recoil? Thanks

Soldato
I agree with you Scougar that t his gun is insane power. So i dont want this gun. But which gun comes power wise close to this and yet is manageable with recoil? Thanks

What - to use on your 3 meter """"""""""range""""""""?

Barrett M82A1 - Cal .50BMG produces more kinetic energy but has about the same recoil as a 12guage shotgun. You won't get .50 on an open ticket and there's only about 3 civvie ranges that are cleared for it.

Where is this place you've found where you are thinking about setting up your own 100m range then?

Associate
Well there be a 10m range for those that dont feel up to it. But I've seen vids on tube of people dropping cans at 200m! So I feel that there are many people who would like the challenge of blasting spinners at 100m! I know I would.

Believe me it's more hassle than fun.......... re zeroing your scope just to hit some spinners.

So where's these photo's of your guns? and what scope do you use on the TX?

Associate
What - to use on your 3 meter """"""""""range""""""""?

Where is this place you've found where you are thinking about setting up your own 100m range then?

Place is about 10 minutes drive from Lewisham. There is space for 5 lanes to shoot up to 100 meters. With 20+ car parking and house for refreshment with WC! All sorted.

So if someone good wanna be in on this with me they be welcome.

Will take pics soon man. Using hawk scope.

Soldato
Hey,

Had some trouble with my break barrel tonight, when breaking the barrel it would get as far as being able to see the pellet-hole but seemed to be stuck, and took a bit of force to actually ****. It got after a few shots but the jerk came back. Also the I think I could hear the spring wobbling after a shot, which wasn't there before.

It used to have a very sharp noise but now its different, less punchy and you can hear the spring. Accuracy seems to be all over the place. Any tips? Is taking a rifle apart and putting back together particularly difficult?

Associate
Hey,

Had some trouble with my break barrel tonight, when breaking the barrel it would get as far as being able to see the pellet-hole but seemed to be stuck, and took a bit of force to actually ****. It got after a few shots but the jerk came back. Also the I think I could hear the spring wobbling after a shot, which wasn't there before.

It used to have a very sharp noise but now its different, less punchy and you can hear the spring. Accuracy seems to be all over the place. Any tips? Is taking a rifle apart and putting back together particularly difficult?

Not very difficult at all, search on youtube for a strip guide for your rifle.

Soldato
Hey,

What gun is it? As BF-Bert says,there are various guides on youtube, but please do be careful when removing the spring - some guns have a lot of 'pre-load' meaning the spring needs to be compressed to get it out. Sone guns need a spring compressor.

Associate
How about this?

5zpk6t.jpg

Back
Top Bottom