The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Associate
Ok so its pretty tame then for an air rifle

thanks for the advice!

If its just for a bit of target practice at about 25 yds it will be fine.

French gun licencing (yes there is such a thing for guns ove 6ft/lbs) is split into 2 seperate routes:

Hunting licence which requires good gun safety and hunting knowledge which will be test in an exam, background check, psych report etc

Sporting licence which requires you to be a member of a registered target shooting club, background check and I think a personal evaluation.

The type of licence you have determines the category of gun and type of ammo you can own.

Associate
Just a quick post. Earlier in the year I entered a charity competition that was run on one of the forums. got an email earlier in the week saying I'd won!
My prize arrived today:

newstock.jpg

Associate
I`ve been playing my air rifle in my garden. And my neighbour shoutting at me "if you gonna fire again, I am gonig to fire you back"

Not happy with you then!

Perhaps a quieter backstop and a quick explanation that you are shooting safely and even invite him over for a go? Try not to use the word playing!

Or talk to him about his concerns and see what you can do to help?

Associate
Not happy with you then!

Perhaps a quieter backstop and a quick explanation that you are shooting safely and even invite him over for a go? Try not to use the word playing!

Or talk to him about his concerns and see what you can do to help?

Thank you for your advice. I`ve talked with him. His concern was there used to have an air rifle injury incident a few years ago, so he was very anxious. Anyway I`ve packed up my rifle and promised that I am not going to shoot it anymore.

Associate
Thank you for your advice. I`ve talked with him. His concern was there used to have an air rifle injury incident a few years ago, so he was very anxious. Anyway I`ve packed up my rifle and promised that I am not going to shoot it anymore.

Do you have anywhere else to shoot it? I wouldn't give up shooting just because a neighbour doesn't like it, try to show him that your shooting responsibly and not posing a danger to him.

It's a bit like asking him not to drive because you once had a car accident.

Associate
I think saying "playing" and "air rifle" doesn't look or sound well in the same sentence. Build yourself a shooting range in the garden, to make sure the pellets won't be able to go outside your garden and I don't see what would be the problem. Otherwise you could go somewhere outside the town and shoot on an empty field?

*removed*

Last edited:
Associate
I think saying "playing" and "air rifle" doesn't look or sound well in the same sentence. Build yourself a shooting range in the garden, to make sure the pellets won't be able to go outside your garden and I don't see what would be the problem. Otherwise you could go somewhere outside the town and shoot on an empty field?
The last guy who mentioned selling his air rifle on this thread got a short ban! :)

And I hope you meant go to a field outside of town that you have permission to shoot on.

Last edited:
Soldato

Playing with an air rifle doesnt sound good! Then you suggest going shooting illegally on an empty field?

SimonCHere, if you mean me, i just got a friendly warning.
All my stuff has gone now bar my favourite Falcon Menace, keeping that as no doubt i will get another few rifles in a year or so.

Associate
Playing with an air rifle doesnt sound good! Then you suggest going shooting illegally on an empty field?

SimonCHere, if you mean me, i just got a friendly warning.
All my stuff has gone now bar my favourite Falcon Menace, keeping that as no doubt i will get another few rifles in a year or so.

It was a few pages back and I didn't go and check! Sorry.

I keep meaning to list my falcon for sale as I haven't even picked it up since getting my Airwolf. Can't quite bring myself to do it though.

Soldato
I felt the same about getting rid of my Airwolf. Can always get another though. I like the look of the new FX rifles the bullpup ones.

Soldato

You need permission to shoot on land that isn't yours, otherwise you are committing armed trespass :)

Back
Top Bottom