The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Associate
Playing with an air rifle doesnt sound good! Then you suggest going shooting illegally on an empty field?

SimonCHere, if you mean me, i just got a friendly warning.
All my stuff has gone now bar my favourite Falcon Menace, keeping that as no doubt i will get another few rifles in a year or so.

Yeah I meant a field that you have permission to shoot on. Everyone knows or should know that you can't just show up with an air rifle in a public place. Could talk to the farm owner or w/e, whether you could do some rabbit or pigeon shooting, or just practice shooting to targets on one of the field away from the main road. I am sure you could come to an agreement.

Removed my ad.

Soldato
Found a QB78 clearing out the loft.

Pics in the spoiler tags. If anyone in the Bristol area wants it then you can have it for a pack of beers. You must be over 18 and bring a gun bag to transport it. Oh and you must not be Arek. No matter how many hot girls you shoot with.
SuKXwAN.jpg 42WvkjW.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I did a search and only saw the thread on if airgun ownership should be banned. Woops.

My question from a thread I started:

Hello all, just back from holiday and got to do some airgun shooting. Lots if fun which me and the other half both enjoyed a lot.

Any airgun users on here that can recommend a few starting rifles? Checked online and I have a gun club 10 min drive away, so I should have somewhere safe to shoot

Thanks for any advice.

Soldato
Found a QB78 clearing out the loft.

Pics in the spoiler tags. If anyone in the Bristol area wants it then you can have it for a pack of beers. You must be over 18 and bring a gun bag to transport it. Oh and you must not be Arek. No matter how many hot girls you shoot with.
SuKXwAN.jpg 42WvkjW.jpg

Shame I'm not closer - I've been toying with HPAing a QB78. Cheeky question, but if you get no local takers I don't suppose you'd consider posting it at my expense? :)

Soldato
I did a search and only saw the thread on if airgun ownership should be banned. Woops.

Hello all, just back from holiday and got to do some airgun shooting. Lots if fun which me and the other half both enjoyed a lot.

Any airgun users on here that can recommend a few starting rifles? Checked online and I have a gun club 10 min drive away, so I should have somewhere safe to shoot

Thanks for any advice.
What sort of budget do you have in mind?

Soldato
Royal Mail still take air guns on their Parcel Force 48 hour service. If I was to post a rifle like that I would split the action from the stock - pop some bubblewrap or packaging paper round it and either slip it into an old carpet roll cardboard tube or get some cardboard and wrap around the outside.
Like I said, I'm happy to cover postage costs etc :)

Thanks for any advice.

If you have a nearby gun club go to it.

Members tend to be polite enough to allow you to try out their guns. You may find one that you like. Much better then buying blind.

Soldato
You're going to struggle to get a TX200/HW77/97 plus scope for £150 imho.

Fair point Quink, I'd missed the scope requirement. That said, I'd personally still stick with that shopping list and pick up a basic scope for £20 or so second hand. You're then set up with a combo where the rifle will last you a lifetime, and the scope is cheap to upgrade.

Soldato
Fair point Quink, I'd missed the scope requirement. That said, I'd personally still stick with that shopping list and pick up a basic scope for £20 or so second hand. You're then set up with a combo where the rifle will last you a lifetime, and the scope is cheap to upgrade.

I still think £150 is a bit too low to get a TX200/HW97/77 :o. I bought a third hand TX200HC earlier this year and that was over £200 gun only and I thought that was a billy bargain.

Deffo worth checking out the AirGunBBS second hand sales section ColdAsIce. You'll need to register and make 5 or so posts before you can access the sales section (makes the 1000 posts and 6 month requirements for this place seem quite draconian!!).

Another good shout is going to the club and asking peeps there :)

edit - you could pick up a decent 2nd hand HW95 or maybe an HW99 for your budget

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom