The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Associate
Air Rifle

Parents have a place in France with a bit of land and I would like to purchase an air rifle to do a bit of target practice.

Only problem is I know nothing about air rifles.

Ideally, I would like an inexpensive one with a scope.

I would like it to be fairly powerful so a gas one would be good (I assume).

Any tips on where I could purchase one or what brand I should be looking at would be great.

Soldato
I really should get my Logun S16 out for a bit of fun..

Actually I really could be doing with a decent but cheap bipod. Any recommendations? Cant afford anything like a Harris so something that will do the job and be nice and cheap would be excellent. I think on the S16 it needs to be mounted where the sling mount fixes.

Soldato
Anything german and underlever if you don't want a pneumatic setup. There are exceptions but generally the best air rifles are german.

.177 is better for target, .22 for hunting and some field target uses

My first rifle was a weihrauch HW57 with diopter sights, and to be honest, it was pretty good.

Soldato
Having dabbled with other bipods my advice would be to save the pennies and get a Harris. I've not found anything that compares to them for up to their value, the cheaper ones are just so inferior it's frustrating.

Tea Drinker
Don
I thought gun laws in France are pretty strict

A friend lives in Normandy, it was one of the first things he did, no licence required maybe a utility bill but yes just over the counter like buying an sir rifle.

I think larger calibres are more strictly controlled but no more than here, however rifles, ammunition and gear is very expensive.

Soldato
Harris is definitely the brand to go for to be honest - mate got a cheapo online somewhere and compared to my harris it's just crap to be honest! Worth saving up for.

Got my Air Ranger stock drilled and now have the sling fitted - looks pretty darn sweet!!

All set for 5 days hunting this coming week :D

Soldato

If you do not know the laws, DO NOT buy anything.

This isn't something to rush into and you could end up with a terrible gun and having broke loads of laws.

You want one of the main brands, Air Arms, BSA, Weihrauch, Daystate and some of the others.

But as I said there is absolutely no point until you know what you are actually legally allowed to own and where you can legally shoot it.

Back
Top Bottom